Warmer weather for a week?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Country
United States
I just got a glance at next week's weather forecast actually beginning today in my are her in Ohio. High up to 54 F Low 25 F on Wednesday. My yards are both ankle deep in snow. I'm hoping that these temps will melt it all away so that I can see if anything is beginning to sprout in my gardens. Usually it's the crocus that I see first.

This will also give me a chance to check out my tiller if the snow melts.

Reaction score
Awesome :D Enjoy your warm week over there =D Over here it seems spring is going to start soon, we didn't get to see snow this year, as usual, but that's quite normal because this place is hot and dry...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
Wednesday is supposed to start a warm up for us also.
Just need to get past the 4-6 inches of snow coming our way
this afternoon thru tonight! :mad:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I can usually tell if we are in for a rough one by the activity at the bird feeders. They are literally knocking each other off the perches, so my guess is this storm ain't gonna be pretty. :cry:

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
That sounds like us. We are supposed to get warmer weather, but it's also supposed to rain, and a week after damaging ice storms, we are slated to get thunder storms!! Mother Nature sure can change her mind in a hurry.

We have several large trees down in the backyard that need to be sawed up and removed, but the yard is so waterlogged, it may have to wait a while.

I have to say, I'm really tired of the cold, wet weather and can't wait for spring. I've been cooped up inside waayyy too long! :confused:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
That sounds like us. We are supposed to get warmer weather, but it's also supposed to rain, and a week after damaging ice storms, we are slated to get thunder storms!! Mother Nature sure can change her mind in a hurry.

We have several large trees down in the backyard that need to be sawed up and removed, but the yard is so waterlogged, it may have to wait a while.

I have to say, I'm really tired of the cold, wet weather and can't wait for spring. I've been cooped up inside waayyy too long! :confused:
Just looked at the weather radar, and it seems your rain is becoming our snow.
Gee thanks! :whistle:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Just looked at the weather radar, and it seems your rain is becoming our snow.
Gee thanks! :whistle:
Sure, anytime!!

Sorry about that, but .... better you than me! :sneaky:

Seriously, I hope you don't get too much and that it's not destructive. Keep telling yourself, "Spring is just around the corner". Especially when you're out shoveling snow! Stay warm, and I'll fix you a cup of hot chocolate.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Here where I live we normally start planting stuff around March 15 but not this year. It is going to take some time for the soil temp to rise enough to do much of anything. I can't imagine what you folks are going to do who live where all this snow and ice is. I would imagine that in a lot of places the soil is actually frozen

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5b
Country
United States
Wednesday is supposed to start a warm up for us also.
Just need to get past the 4-6 inches of snow coming our way
this afternoon thru tonight! :mad:

Well, it looks like we got more snow last night at least 4 inches more :eek:. But.. the warm weather is still in the forecast.:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Tuesday is supposed to be 43 but we fall back down to the low 30's again afterwards, so we're not quite there yet where I'm at. -_-;

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Gas meter didn't spin much last night. The heater turned off and everything froze.

Back to the drawing board and start all over....

:cry:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I don't think spring will come until April at this point... Dx

Ask a Question