Wall Garden

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
This is an ad that I saw about a wall garden system. I can make this! It looks so cool and I can think of a million uses. I remember some saying they live in an apartment or have small yards. Do a wall garden. It is perfect. There are a billion ways to set this up and it takes up very little space.

Here are my ideas off of this.

You can use this in your home by placing these on the wall. You can grow vegetables or create a decorative wall of flowers. You can create a wall of herbs in your kitchen with this idea.

Outside, you can create a garden near a wall and then extend your garden using the wall with this. You can grow larger plants on the ground and smaller pants on the wall. You can use your fencing around your yard also. You can either turn it into a vegetable garden or you can fill it with color plants and create your own privacy hedge. My head is abuzz with ideas now. I got to go, I got some planning to do. This may be funny, but I just thought of a way to use this to create a vegetable garden attached to the outside of my RV with this idea plus, I think I want to try and incorporate it with a hydroponics idea. If I ever get the money to do it, I will post a video of me doing it for you to see.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I like this idea very much! It looks really cool. I would love to have a wall of flowers in my livingroom. It would be almost like having an indoor garden:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wonderful idea and I like how the top one drips the water down to the bottom. Do one thing and it will take care of the rest. Save space, and fantastic for apartment dwellers too!

Reaction score
We have a car parking building that has a massive wall garden! Actually I should probably take a picture of that for you guys! It is a massive wall gardens that is covering the whole building! It's crazy, I think it's one of the first ones in the country.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
We have a car parking building that has a massive wall garden! Actually I should probably take a picture of that for you guys! It is a massive wall gardens that is covering the whole building! It's crazy, I think it's one of the first ones in the country.
Please do take a picture of it, I'd love to see it!:)
Most car parking buildings are incredibly ugly, it's nice to know that at least one of them looks pretty:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yes Trellum, where is that picture? I would love to see it. I think wall gardens are amazing, I just (until seeing that video) never understood how they were made. I came up with so many awesome ideas for those wall gardens, if I only had the MONEY. LOL. Geeze, by the time I am done I have going to have the most cracked out garden the world have ever seen. I got more ideas in my head for it then I can keep up with. I'm already broke and I haven't even started yet. LOL

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I wonder about having water drip down from one plant onto the next. It's one thing if it is routed directly to the soil, but I have a mounting concern about it hitting the leaves. I've tried some vertical things, and I'll tell you these wall gardens are best for shallow rooted short season crops that don't need a lot of growing space.

Reaction score
Please do take a picture of it, I'd love to see it!:)
Most car parking buildings are incredibly ugly, it's nice to know that at least one of them looks pretty:)

Hi Claudine! I haven't had the chance to take pics of that place, but here are some I found online:

SCACVsqQimrv.jpg

es4.jpg

estacionamiento%20pensiones.jpg

zKnf02koGxT.jpg

f_202_g.jpg

What do you think? :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, it's absolutely gorgeous! I love it! It's amazing what difference can plants make. I wish all car parking buildings looked like this!:love:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like that idea. It can be used in place of boxes on the ground to plant your vegetables. I would not want to go to high up on the fence so that I know I can water all of the plants. Thanks for the idea.

Reaction score
Yes Trellum, where is that picture? I would love to see it. I think wall gardens are amazing, I just (until seeing that video) never understood how they were made. I came up with so many awesome ideas for those wall gardens, if I only had the MONEY. LOL. Geeze, by the time I am done I have going to have the most cracked out garden the world have ever seen. I got more ideas in my head for it then I can keep up with. I'm already broke and I haven't even started yet. LOL

I already posted them =D I think this is one of the biggest walla gardens I have ever seen, I'm glad to report the walla garden is still green and thriving, but it requires so much work to keep it that way! It's a beautiful thing to see tho. That parking building used to be an ugly parking lot...

Reaction score
Wow, it's absolutely gorgeous! I love it! It's amazing what difference can plants make. I wish all car parking buildings looked like this!:love:

Thank you, CLaudine :) This car parking building looks so beautiful at night, they use different colored lights, just like the ones you saw in the last picture! Amazing to think this car parking building started as an ugly parking lot that only had a tall metal wire surrounding it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
One of my favorite things is a house with vine plants growing over it. I always thought that was gorgeous. These wall gardens give a person more variety in plant choices and great usage of space.

Ask a Question