Unstoppable Weeds!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have tried everything! From sprays to plucking by hand, home remedies, you name it. I also cannot afford to hire a professional landscaper. Does anyone have any tips on how to get rid of these weeds?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Well I don't know what type of weed you are trying to kill but I have used vinegar and boiling water to kill some hard to kill weeds. It may take a few time to get the desired results I have enven poured salt on a few hard to kill weeds.

JoshPosh

@pump_upp - best crypto pumps on telegram !
Reaction score
Country
Puerto Rico
As someone else already told you, you can go the natural route with vinegar and hot water. Or you can go with the chemical route that I do. For big stubborn weeds that consume a lot of time manually extracting them, I'd use round up. Now if you are working on small weed, then I suggest weed and feed. It can be hooked up to your garden hose and lightly sprayed on. Heres a picture of the product. Several companies make the product but uses the same name "weed and feed". It also comes in a granular form. But I use that more when the grass needs more attention fertilization then weed killing.

vigoro6.jpeg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I never heard of the salt, vinegar and hot water. That sounds more like my budget. These are the weeds that crawl through the cracks of the driveway. They are tiny, thin and as stubborn as a mule. I will try this remedy and keep you posted. Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
The best weed preventer of all time is your lawnmower. If the weeds cannot go to seed they will not come back. All those chemical products are not good for your soil or the environment. Chemical fertilizers burn out the organic mater in the soil and leave salt buildups. And the herbicides ????? I don't have time to go into all of the negatives

Reaction score
What kind of weeds are you dealing with? We tried to get rid of purple heart ''weeds'' in our garden a while ago and man was it hard! That thing just kept growing and growing. We used a lot herbicides, until it all died... after 2 years. If it's another kind of weeds I'm sure the lawnmower will help :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
NEVER go the chemical route. It's a very bad idea.

The real question is how big of an area are you talking about? If it's only in the cracks of the driveway, dig them out (pulling them doesn't always get the whole plant), then use something to fill the cracks such as gravel or quick dry cement. They can't come back if there is no area for them to take root in.

Reaction score
You can always go the old fashioned route and pull them up by the roots and see how that works for you. Otherwise, you need to have a professional come in and take a look at what type of weeds are growing. You may have a serious problem if nothing you have tried have worked. You can usually find someone willing to do it for a reasonable price.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
This is a good point; a friend has been pulling what she thought was grass growing in unwanted areas in her flower beds. Turns out it's some kind of other plant that only grows more vigorously when you pull it up! It grows underground on runners, so you have to get it all or it just spreads and comes back.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Everybody wants instant gratification. Poof. No more weeds. Drown them in chemicals or get a hernia pulling them up. What ever happened to letting Mother Nature fix the problem? Have a healthy organic lawn and you wont have weeds. Has common sense become an endangered species?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I had a horrible weed problem this year. I went and found a remarkable weed killer. I am sure many of you know about it. It is Round Up and the name speaks for itself. It worked and now I am weed free.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I had a horrible weed probem this year. I went and found a remarkable weed killer. I am sure many of you know about it. It is Round Up and the name speaks for itself. It worked and now I am weed free.
Yes we all know about it. We know it has been banned in Scandinavian countries. We know it is a know carcinogenic for dogs and cats. Most of us know to stay away from it.

Ask a Question