Tomato Juice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2015/August 2015/3 August 2015 Tomato Juice/HTML/ 3 August 2015 Tomato Juice
Twelve pounds of tomatoes were harvested and made into five liters of juice. Tomatoes were cut into quarters, placed in cooking pot with one liter of water to thin and to facilitate cooking.Cooked until soft about 15 minutes, beat into a slurry and taken to the kitchen for straining.The slurry was put through a 2mm mesh food mill, then the residue from this operation was put through a Champion Juicer to extract maximium nutrients.The juice was placed in one liter jars and pressure canned at 15 PSI for 15 minutes. Annotated pictures depict the process.
dsc_59213%20august%202015%20tomato%20juice_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Bloody Mary sounds like a great idea!:D:D
Even though I love tometoes, I've never been a big fan of tomato juice.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Bloody Mary or tomato juice was in fashion during the era of the disco. Girls in the disco would order tomato juice instead of margarita and other alcoholic drinks. But for me, I would rather have Margarita, one serving would be enough. A drinker of tomato juice is my father in law. He said that it gives him the energy he would need for the day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Bloody Mary or tomato juice was in fashion during the era of the disco. Girls in the disco would order tomato juice instead of margarita and other alcoholic drinks. But for me, I would rather have Margarita, one serving would be enough. A drinker of tomato juice is my father in law. He said that it gives him the energy he would need for the day.
My boyfriend says the same thing. He loves tomato juice and drinks it almost every day. It's like an addiction, haha. When I need energy, I drink coffee;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hmmnnn...celery salt, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce, lemon juice, tabasco, vodka.
That tomato juice looks good enough for Bloody Mary!
Could you imagine having a bloody Mary with fresh tomato juice, that would be absolute heaven. I think Durgan should send us all some free tomato juice!(y)

Ask a Question