Tomato Juice

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Zone 5
Country
Canada
http://www.durgan.org/2015/July 2015/27 July 2015 Tomato Juice/HTML/ 27 July 2015 Tomato Juice
First picking of tomatoes of about ten pounds of various. Five pounds of the best were selected for the table and the remainder was made into juice for current use.Tomatoes were cut into quarters, placed in a pot with a liter of water, boiled until soft and hand blended into a slurry.The slurry was strained through a screen and the residue was put through a Champion juicer to extract all nutrients. Two liters plus a glass of juice was obtained and will be utilized for current consumption.
dsc_530327 july 2015 tomato juice_std.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That looks tasty and probably costs a lot less than a can of V8. I really like that all parts of the tomatoes are used to make the juice so that there is no waste. I look at a lot of your posts and it appears as though you are very self sustaining Durgan!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
No, thank you. I don't drink tomato juice. But this thread reminds me of my husband's father who occasionally drinks tomato juice in the morning. He said it has lots of vitamins and gives him energy for the whole day. My father in law was a workaholic who never stays in one place when at home - always doing something like cleaning the yard or something. My husband would always say that if we want to be energetic then we drink tomato juice.

Ask a Question