This little one gave me a tough time

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Our garden attracts quite a few of those who should be really spending their time elsewhere. This baby monkey that visited us gave me a tough time. I was alone that day. He was not scared of me. He went from one tree to another messing up things. He would even look at me straight in the eye while plucking flowers and throwing them down almost teasing me. He was not scared of the camera and posed for me.
Although he gave me a tough time, I would have been happy to keep him as a pet if only I could manage.
Finally I chased him away.

monkey.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hahahahahaha, gosh that baby monkey sounds like such a character!!!! Plucking flowers while looking at you in the eye and throwing them down at you, lol!!!! Omg, sometimes I could swear animals are so much like us, and much smarter than we think! Funny to hear they can tease, just like humans can and do often with me D:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Hahahahahaha, gosh that baby monkey sounds like such a character!!!! Plucking flowers while looking at you in the eye and throwing them down at you, lol!!!! Omg, sometimes I could swear animals are so much like us, and much smarter than we think! Funny to hear they can tease, just like humans can and do often with me D:

They are quite destructive although they look cute and can win us over with their gimmicks.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Ha ha that's hilarious.
Vacationed on Nevis once at a hotel with a golf course, and the "green monkeys" there are really pests. Cute and fun to watch though...they chase after and steal golf balls while people are playing. :ROFLMAO:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Only have to put up with foxes, badgers and rabbits here :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Our garden attracts quite a few of those who should be really spending their time elsewhere. This baby monkey that visited us gave me a tough time. I was alone that day. He was not scared of me. He went from one tree to another messing up things. He would even look at me straight in the eye while plucking flowers and throwing them down almost teasing me. He was not scared of the camera and posed for me.
Although he gave me a tough time, I would have been happy to keep him as a pet if only I could manage.
Finally I chased him away.

View attachment 5832
How wonderful. No monkeys in Australia but I do have a wombat which I've only actually seen a couple of times but I know where he's been. He digs holes likes to lead big messages on ledges of any kind. Apparently that's their calling card. He's has knocked over a few things, dug up a few plants but I don't mind. I find it fascinating. Last Spring a wallaby visited several times. Also into the summer but haven't seen him for a while.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
How wonderful. No monkeys in Australia but I do have a wombat which I've only actually seen a couple of times but I know where he's been. He digs holes likes to lead big messages on ledges of any kind. Apparently that's their calling card. He's has knocked over a few things, dug up a few plants but I don't mind. I find it fascinating. Last Spring a wallaby visited several times. Also into the summer but haven't seen him for a while.
As long as they keep to their limits it is truly a joy to see them around.

Reaction score
They are quite destructive although they look cute and can win us over with their gimmicks.

I can imagine! They look like very naughty creatures, I've heard many things from them. I had an Indian friend some years ago and he told me several stories about the monkeys there :LOL::ROFLMAO: Glad they don't visit you often (y)

Ask a Question