This is happening!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
0226151919_zpspwva3gvf.jpg

I was so happy to see this at the big box store last night. Spring is just around the corner! It was so tempting to scoop up whatever I could carry, and I may have to go back for the mini daffodils. I can't plant them outside, but they sure would brighten up my kitchen. If I see hyacinths anywhere, they are coming home with me!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Those are so pretty, and a very welcome sight indeed. I think I would have bought the whole display table. I am headed to my big box store today and I might just buy something to brighten up my day. We had sunshine for a couple of days and now the weather is back to doom and gloom.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I understand what you mean about the hyacinths - I love the way they smell. They are great for leaving inside, as they really brighten up a room and the scent is just so nice. I would love to plant a huge area in my garden with them, since they bloom so early, and really get me excited about spring, but they're so expensive. And I've never had much luck with them multiplying like tulips and daffodils do - boo!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Oh, grab those mini daffodils! You can enjoy their blooms, set them outside (when the weather allows) in the pot and let the foliage die down, then plant the bulbs where you want to see them next spring. I did this years ago, and those minis multiply like their big brothers do!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
0226151919_zpspwva3gvf.jpg

I was so happy to see this at the big box store last night. Spring is just around the corner! It was so tempting to scoop up whatever I could carry, and I may have to go back for the mini daffodils. I can't plant them outside, but they sure would brighten up my kitchen. If I see hyacinths anywhere, they are coming home with me!

This makes me so happy to see too, even though our ground is still under many inches of snow to think about gardening. They are like "Visine" for the eyes, taken the "grayness" out instead of red :) I might make my way to a home store to see what offers there today!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I was very good this week, lol. I only bought one plant, a medium-large container of a vining flower I wanted that had been marked down as "distressed". Of course, after I brought it home I figured out it needs part shade and may not do well in my yard (sigh). I'm going to be moving it around until I can figure out what area is best - though I am thinking of getting a light colored patio umbrella...

Reaction score
Yaaay =D Beautiful sight! I saw some plants being sold at my local store as well, lots of beautiful tulips! I have a weakness for them! There were some reddish and orange, the ones in your picture look dark red :) Almost blood red! Enjoy! I used to feel like a kid in a candy store every time we walked into a nursery around this time of the year. Hope to experience the same next year ;) But above all the things... I do hope to live long enough to see next year :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
Oh Yes there are daffy's all over the stores up here in New York. I was trying to recall, it seemed to me that there is a charitable organization that sells cut daffodils for fund raising but for the life of me II forgot the cause. Last night I had to run into Lowe's to pay a bill and they had all the spring stuff ready to go which is funny because outside is still at zero degree's with snow on the way this weekend.

I found myself day dreaming at work yesterday about planting dome peas, I was wondering how well they would fair indoors if I started them from seed now. It is still pretty cold but maybe in the house it would be okay, maybe to warm I don't know I never started them in the house.

@Trellum It is kind of funny but you seldom see tulips in the nursery with the exception of Easter and Mother's day, you are more likely to see them at the grocer or the larger department store. With that being said I have noticed the nursery has more plants like primroses and hydrangeas in the spring. last year was a whole bunch of berry bushes, I think I might get a red raspberry since the blackberries do so well.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Here, too, It's still winter. And I'm in a state of uncertainty, because (with the power of positive wishing) I will be moving to senior housing this year. So I don't know if I should go through all the trouble of planting when the weather breaks, or not. I guess I will plant flowers in containers that aren't too large to move when the time comes. Anything that will relieve the winter blahs.....

Reaction score
Country
United States
@SweetMamaKaty

Did you end up picking anything up? If so let us know how it turned out. Where I am right now it is still very cold and snowing so unfortunately I have no plans of picking up any plants anytime soon. Hopefully it will start getting warm soon where I am.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I understand how you feel. Those plants are so pretty just calling your name come and get me. I think I will pick up a few new plants by the end of the month. Right now I have no place to put them, outside is still cold and frozen with more coming this evening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
@SweetMamaKaty

Did you end up picking anything up? If so let us know how it turned out. Where I am right now it is still very cold and snowing so unfortunately I have no plans of picking up any plants anytime soon. Hopefully it will start getting warm soon where I am.

Not yet :) I haven't been shopping again, and now I have this terrible headcold... (n) School was cancelled today, and I'm so grateful I don't have to take the kids out in this weather, and feeling like I do!

Ask a Question