Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
I think it's great. I'm all for letting people do what they want to do as long as it doesn't harm anyone, and this is a perfect example. They're two human beings who love each other and want to get married. Nothing wrong with that.

For a little humor, I'll quote Kinky Friedman: 'I support gay marriage. I believe they have a right to be as miserable as the rest of us.' :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I think it's great. I'm all for letting people do what they want to do as long as it doesn't harm anyone, and this is a perfect example. They're two human beings who love each other and want to get married. Nothing wrong with that.

For a little humor, I'll quote Kinky Friedman: 'I support gay marriage. I believe they have a right to be as miserable as the rest of us.' :D
Here the issue was how these parents not only agreed but celebrated and may have even spent for this marriage. Here in India this is not readily accepted.

Reaction score
Wow, I must say that considering their Indian background... I'm amazed to see they got the acceptance of their parents to get married. I'm not Indian, but have had a couple Indian friends and do know how strict and traditional Indian older folks can be. All I can saw is wow! So happy for them!! I feel so happy when I see our societies is becoming more accepting :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I think it's great too. We went to a wedding last year of my female friends who had been together for 20 years. They gave up waiting for it to be legalized here in Australia. It was a great celebration. One of my friends has 3 adult kids with disabilities, each had a role in the proceedings and it was a night full of love, acceptance, warmth and class.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I think it's great too. We went to a wedding last year of my female friends who had been together for 20 years. They gave up waiting for it to be legalized here in Australia. It was a great celebration. One of my friends has 3 adult kids with disabilities, each had a role in the proceedings and it was a night full of love, acceptance, warmth and class.
I would like to add that one of the sons in his speech to his 2mums said his mum was the rainbow and her partner was the pot of gold. The next week I purchased large glazed pot that had a patchy gold look and a "stripped" long leafed plant for them. They loved it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I too have a couple of Indian friends and have learned how the marriage process takes place for many people of that culture. Families save for these events for years and can literally spend all of their money on the events. It is wonderful to hear that this was accepted by both of the families and that these two people can have a marriage that will truely be happy, as opposed to doing just what their society deems right. It really is a demonstration of how the world is changing and becoming more accepting to love in all forms, this should be celebrated!

Ask a Question