Sunflower 'Lemon Queen' (Helianthus annus)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
2016-08-22 Sunflower 'Lemon Queen' (Helianthus annus) (10-foot) (close-up).jpg
Sunflower 'Lemon Queen' (Helianthus annus) (close-up) (from my garden, Aug. 22, 2016). The 'Lemon Queen' sunflower is pale lemon yellow with pointed petals, a chocolate-brown center and 8 inches across. I planted 3 seeds of this variety on 6/14/16 (10 weeks ago) and this is the first sunflower that has opened. It is atop 10-foot tall stalk. The other two stalks are 8-foot and 3-foot.

Here is a full-plant view when the first two sunflowers opened:
2016-08-22 Sunflower 'Lemon Queen' (Helianthus annus) (10-foot) (full-plantview).jpg

Here is a collection of sunflowers that have opened 6 days later atop the 10-foot stalk. Note that the bees are all over the sunflowers!
2016-08-28 Sunflower 'Lemon Queen' (Helianthus annus) (10-foot) (collection of flowers).jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, they're beautiful, they're one of the loveliest sunflowers I've ever seen:) Looking at them makes me think about the sun and warm summer days:)

Ask a Question