stink bugs and moles.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Can anybody give me any advice on getting rid of stink bugs and moles? I have managed to keep deer, bunnies, and anything else out. I just can't seem to get rid of the moles and stink bugs... and I'm going tout of my mind!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I hope some can help you, I don't have stink bugs but I have a mole that's making a mess out of my front lawn. I'm about to blow up the front lawn just to get rid of it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
At a previous house we had moles, little humpy tunnels all over the front lawn and you could about break an ankle if you stepped on one wrong. We tried poison and traps (well, the Significant Other did; I don't like killing things unless necessary) and it didn't work. We ended up hiring a pest control company who "guaranteed results or your money back" and that did the trick. I've also read that doing whatever you can to eradicate grubs in your lawn will make the moles move on to greener (or wormier) pastures since that's what they eat.

Stink bugs I have no clue, never really had a problem with them.

Reaction score
Country
United States
The moles tunnels are all over out here. They have even been getting in the chicken pin! I have tried filling the tunnels up with water. But there are too man. My husband got so mad one night that he sat outside all night waiting for a mole to pop its little head up, lol. That was the one night they chose to not show up lol

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This year we do not seem to have a problem with the stink bugs. Usually they are every where but so far I have not seen many around. No moles in our yard either. Good luck.

Reaction score
Country
United States
This year we do not seem to have a problem with the stink bugs. Usually they are every where but so far I have not seen many around. No moles in our yard either. Good luck.
you're lucky! They are the biggest issues with our gardens. This year we have even found a few stink bugs in our house. Can you guess why I hate stink bugs so much, even when they aren't killing my garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
At last I got rid of the mole or at least he moved on to some other yard.I ended up using Tomcat mole killer after I stepped in to a tunnel and all most broke my leg when I fell but was lucky and just bruised my hip. but still no new tunnels in the yard. It came down to me or the mole and I wasn't going to let him win.

Reaction score
Country
United States
At last I got rid of the mole or at least he moved on to some other yard.I ended up using Tomcat mole killer after I stepped in to a tunnel and all most broke my leg when I fell but was lucky and just bruised my hip. but still no new tunnels in the yard. It came down to me or the mole and I wasn't going to let him win.
A 10 pack for 20$! I just looked it up. I told my husband what you said and he said, "I want that." Thank you so much! Right, there parts of our yard that you'll sink into like a sponge. You take a step and suddenly your heel is a few inches deeper than it was. They won't stay out of my chicken pin, either. Thank you so so so much! My husband has actually gone out there with a .22, at night and waiting for their little heads to pop up. We have been losing the battle with them for a long time now.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
A 10 pack for 20$! I just looked it up. I told my husband what you said and he said, "I want that." Thank you so much! Right, there parts of our yard that you'll sink into like a sponge. You take a step and suddenly your heel is a few inches deeper than it was. They won't stay out of my chicken pin, either. Thank you so so so much! My husband has actually gone out there with a .22, at night and waiting for their little heads to pop up. We have been losing the battle with them for a long time now.

If your hubby is going out to the chicken coop after dark, they say they if you urinate on the tunnels it will drive the moles away, the don't like the smell of it or the taste, I haven't tried it so I don't know if it really works.

Reaction score
Country
United States
really? I have never heard that. Here's the thing, not only is it free but we live in the country, and my husband loves excuses to go outside and take care of business, lol. Its silly, but its true. I'll get him to try it and I'll let you know if it works! Thank you so much for the tips!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never heard of a stink bug before, but my dad is dealing with moles in his yard right now. He got some metal mole traps that he put on the mounds and has already caught one. They are pretty knarly traps that end up killing the moles, but he was sick of the mess they are making in the yard. It is important to mark the traps so you don't end up stepping on one accidently. They will give you a broken foot! My dad put small buckets on top of each trap and it looks like the yard is a warzone.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Generally funnel traps work for stink bugs. They're drawn to light and certain attractants. Pesticides don't generally work on them- Terro has a spray that's really highly rated but whether you want to use such strong chemicals is up to you.

Reaction score
Country
United States
well, I'll have to read up on it, but if it isn't too bad I might consider it. I want to avoid it if at all possible, though.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have never heard of a stink bug before, but my dad is dealing with moles in his yard right now. He got some metal mole traps that he put on the mounds and has already caught one. They are pretty knarly traps that end up killing the moles, but he was sick of the mess they are making in the yard. It is important to mark the traps so you don't end up stepping on one accidently. They will give you a broken foot! My dad put small buckets on top of each trap and it looks like the yard is a warzone.
you are lucky, in my book, then. They can destroy your entire garden in no time. Not to mention the reason they're called stink bugs is because if you flatten it there is a very unpleasant smell...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
well, I'll have to read up on it, but if it isn't too bad I might consider it. I want to avoid it if at all possible, though.

Yeah I totally understand that, it's unfortunate that stink bugs not only release disgusting odor but are a legit nuisance. Their anatomy makes them incredibly difficult to kill with pesticides in general and typically the commercial traps aren't as good as ones people make themselves. There's lots of videos on various traps that people make for them.

Ask a Question