Star-gooseberry

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
I have this tree in my garden. In fact I have two of them. When I visited a nursery there was a sapling that had a different name,. I picked it up and then realised that I already had one. Knowing the right name is important is what I learnt from this experience.

DSC04324.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Wow..look at those berries! You will have loads of visitors of different kinds :) As for knowing names, I am so bad with everything but learning bit by bit every day.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Are those litte fruits edible? What do they taste like? How big is this tree?:) I ask a lot of question, because it's the first time when I hear about Star-gooseberry:)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Are those litte fruits edible? What do they taste like? How big is this tree?:) I ask a lot of question, because it's the first time when I hear about Star-gooseberry:)

Ofcourse they are edible. If one likes tart fruits then those could be eaten as fruits. I make juice and also jam.

Reaction score
Interesting looking tree! You grow so many things! In a case of world apocalypsis you guys can sustain yourselves for a long time (y) It's so cool to be able to grow a lot stuff in your own property :whistle::)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Interesting looking tree! You grow so many things! In a case of world apocalypsis you guys can sustain yourselves for a long time (y) It's so cool to be able to grow a lot stuff in your own property :whistle::)
That was my dream to have many fruit trees.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Otaheite Gooseberry (Phyllanthus acidus), also known as Star Gooseberry and many other common names, is a small tree that produces an edible, but tartly sour fruit. The fruit is variously sweetened or preserved for consumption. The original range of Phyllanthus acidus is uncertain, some sources suggest Madagascar, another says it is native to Para State in Brazil. In any case, it is now found throughout the world's tropical regions, including Otaheite, which is another a way of saying Tahiti.

Ask a Question