Spring but Summer temperature for Aussie Footy Final

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
We host an annual Footy Final at our place even though neither of is particularly interested in football. It all began 20 years ago because we were the first ones in the street to have a big screen TV. It's really just an excuse to have a party :p. Now it's really an excuse for me to show off my garden. Spent quite a bit of time getting it ready. My husband had the nerve to say people were coming to watch the game not look at my garden. What a cheek. ;)He did mow the lawn for me though. (y) Aussie rules football is a winter sport and the grand final is held end of September or weekend closest. For the first time in 20 years we were able to have a our evening meal outside as it was 30 degrees C, i.e. 86 F. Most unusual, usually it's wet and cold. Now the clean up.:confused:
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
I have friends in Australia who adore the AFL grand final, I guess it's the equivalent to the Superbowl for Americans. My friends support the Bombers and the Kangaroos though, and neither of those teams were in the final! I have no doubt they still tuned in though as it seems to be tradition! 30c is quite warm for this time of year there, isn't it? Sounds lovely though for an evening meal outdoors!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
We are actually bombers supporters too Amelia. It was a good night, unusually warm. Lave pretty much back to normal.;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Your garden is absolutely beautiful, it must be lovely to sit there, on one of those pretty chairs and look at the plants:) I hope you had a wonderful time:)

Reaction score
Amazing shot! How did you get that amazing shot? I'm just curious! and I am sure your neighbors will also be glad to admire your beautiful garden :) It's great you guys do this kind of thing for the whole neighborhood! Wish I had neighbors like that!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Than
Your garden is absolutely beautiful, it must be lovely to sit there, on one of those pretty chairs and look at the plants:) I hope you had a wonderful time:)
Thank you Claudine. It is a very nice spot to sit. I did get a lot of complements before the football game started and then it was all eyes on the game except for most of the women. We sat outside and enjoyed the lovely day......and my garden.(y)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Amazing shot! How did you get that amazing shot? I'm just curious! and I am sure your neighbors will also be glad to admire your beautiful garden :) It's great you guys do this kind of thing for the whole neighborhood! Wish I had neighbors like that!
Thanks Trellum. I took the photo from my deck. It's where I sit as often as I can. As soon as the weather allows it's my living area. I have a blanket if it's cold and even wore fingerless gloves the other morning so I could turn the pages on the newspaper;). There's also a fan for when the weather heats up. I just love it. Listening to the birds. Yesterday morning a cockatoo sat on the ledge. I do put food down for the rosellas and parrots. Not for the cockies because they can be destructive but I do like them.
image.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Thanks Trellum. I took the photo from my deck. It's where I sit as often as I can. As soon as the weather allows it's my living area. I have a blanket if it's cold and even wore fingerless gloves the other morning so I could turn the pages on the newspaper;). There's also a fan for when the weather heats up. I just love it. Listening to the birds. Yesterday morning a cockatoo sat on the ledge. I do put food down for the rosellas and parrots. Not for the cockies because they can be destructive but I do like them. View attachment 9208

Oh I love this picture too! What a tranquil looking garden. I imagine all the bird life just love hanging around at your place!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Thank you Sheal and Amelia. Emerald is a town about an hours drive from Melbourne CBC. When we first moved into this stree it was a dirt road but now made so feels quite citified. We have a large block, 3/4 acre so we have neighbors but not too close. I hand fed a King Parrot the other morning which was lovely and there was a wallaby in the garden at 6am Sunday morning. One day I hope to catch a photo to post. This is the cockatoo yesterday morning.
image.jpeg

Ask a Question