Rose bed

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I only have nine roses which are more than enough to look after, particularly as they are growing in sandy soil that needs compost and nutrients on a regular basis.

'Iceberg'
IMG_0910.JPG

'Lincolnshire Yellow Belly'
IMG_0911.JPG

Again, 'Lincolnshire Yellow Belly'
IMG_0935.JPG

'Lucky!'
IMG_0912.JPG

'Rob Roy'......Always the last to bloom but I took this picture because of it's young red foliage.
IMG_0915.JPG

'Blue For You'
IMG_0917.JPG

'Brushstrokes'
IMG_0919.JPG

'Ebb Tide'
IMG_0924.JPG

'Super Trouper'
IMG_0925.JPG

'Purple Tiger'
Rose 'Purple Tiger' (2).JPG

IMG_0922.JPG

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Your roses are magnificent! They all look so healthy and happy!
We have roses scattered around in our flowerbeds. I adore roses, and adore seeing beautiful ones like yours.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Absolutely beautiful Sheal. My friend gave me EbbTide and it seems to have ebbed away. I'll go searching in the morning, even send out a search party. Thanks for reminding me, it is too lovely to abandon.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Those buds all clustered together are indeed a rare sight. Your roses look like paintings so well formed and compact.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Each one of your roses looks absolutely stunning!!:love: It must be a great pleasure to watch them grow and bloom. My favorite are Iceberg, Lucky and Blue for You:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I want to be a fairy and live in your garden! These are just breath-taking roses and the colors are just amazing. You have such a gorgeous garden.

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
Those look so beautiful and colourful! I love roses and wish that they would grow here but they just don't do well at all and high maintenance for me out and about all the time.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you everyone for your lovely comments.:)

Those buds all clustered together are indeed a rare sight

Grouie, the clusters of flowers are on a particular type of rose called a Floribunda which are naturally multi headed. They are also a hardy rose which is why I chose them and they flower right through summer and autumn/fall to the first frosts, approximately six to seven months of the year. Although the island rarely sees ice or snow compared to the rest of Britain it has more rainfall, less heat and an almost constant breeze or wind. Winter months bring gales often reaching force 8 and sometimes reaching force 10. My home is also in a coastal position which will explain the sandy soil. You can probably understand why the roses as well as the rest of the plants in my garden have to be tough. :)

I want to be a fairy and live in your garden! These are just breath-taking roses and the colors are just amazing. You have such a gorgeous garden.

I think you may have changed your mind about living in my garden after reading my answer above IcyBC. :D The rest of my garden, where the roses are at the front of my house is mainly lawn, there is just one other large eye shaped bed, I'll take a picture of it. :)

The beds in my gardens are still coming into bloom for summer, they are quite late this year although the Lupins have done well from late spring.

IMG_0937.JPG

'Super Trouper' having moved on from bud stage but not fully open, is a lovely deep shade of orange.
IMG_0939.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I think you may have changed your mind about living in my garden after reading my answer above IcyBC. :D The rest of my garden, where the roses are at the front of my house is mainly lawn, there is just one other large eye shaped bed, I'll take a picture of it. :)

The beds in my gardens are still coming into bloom for summer, they are quite late this year although the Lupins have done well from late spring.

View attachment 7530

'Super Trouper' having moved on from bud stage but not fully open, is a lovely deep shade of orange.
View attachment 7531

They are gorgeous! The red rose with the touch of cream color in the middle is just amazing! I haven't change my mind yet :). In fact, you have convinced me otherwise!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
We had strong winds and heavy rain here last night which has broken down many of the Lupin spikes and taken some of my rose flowers clean off. Why do I bother! :(

I think you would be better off in the garden shed or greenhouse @IcyBC. :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
We had strong winds and heavy rain here last night which has broken down many of the Lupin spikes and taken some of my rose flowers clean off. Why do I bother! :(

I think you would be better off in the garden shed or greenhouse @IcyBC. :)

:(How disappointing Sheal. The elements can be mean! :mad:

Reaction score
Country
South Africa
They are just amazing and it would be wonderful to grow them here on the coast but they just don't work out. There are so many beautiful colours and I would love to be able to have that much colour in the garden. Buying roses is so expensive and doesn't help that I only get them once per year.

Ask a Question