Red roses!!!

Reaction score
Hey everyone!!! I love taking close-ups of flowers. Their colors, shapes, and perkiness inspire me. I can stand in front of one flower and take 20 photo shots and still have the patience to take more. :D

Taking pictures of roses is even more of a joy. When they are healthy, they are perfection. Here is my favorite red rose garden shot by yours truly...

6775244027_6865fa110b.jpg

"My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view." ~H. Fred Dale

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Wow that looks stunning! Is it a rose you have grown yourself?

Reaction score
These look professional! I am impressed. How do you get such bright colors from your roses....I always find mine to be paler.

Reaction score
Every spring, summer, and fall I get marvelous blooming roses. The rose bushes align the walkway going from my driveway to my front porch.. the bushes stand over 6 feet tall and provide a nice cover, privacy. The roots have gotten so thick and deep, a water pipe busted in my front yard. It was replaced and moved away from the bushes so I shouldn't have the problem again...

my-roses.jpg

front-roses2.jpg

Reaction score
Looks like we have some professional photographers in the house. That walkway is simply gorgeous. It must feel like a fairy tale when you walk through there.
Those pictures were taken with my cell phone, the picture above was taken from my office window, and the walkway is between the two hedges... this was around May 2012 when they first began to bloom .. The walkway, that goes from the driveway to my front porch, there's at least one cardinal nest there .. if I don't walk that way for a couple of days I have to initially walk through flailing my arms forward in an up and down motion because if I don't, I'll walk directly into a spiders web .. Other than that, I love it, and the bees don't bother me at all, they are only doing their job ..

Reaction score
Those are some awesome pictures Spring breeze and taskeinc. I am so jealous of you two.. I just cant have roses as I have very little space in my balcony.. Soon very soon I am going to get a nice little house on terra firma and have a cute little garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Taskeinc, these rose bushes look so magical, I love it!:D In some ways it reminds me of this book, The Secret Garden. I would love to have rose bushes this tall. Roses definitely are my favourite flowers:)

Reaction score
Hey everyone!!! I love taking close-ups of flowers. Their colors, shapes, and perkiness inspire me. I can stand in front of one flower and take 20 photo shots and still have the patience to take more. :D

Taking pictures of roses is even more of a joy. When they are healthy, they are perfection. Here is my favorite red rose garden shot by yours truly...

"My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view." ~H. Fred Dale

This ought to be one of the best rose pictures I have ever seen! You are a really talented photographer! I also love taking close ups of flowers and plants, I did that a lot back when I had a garden, but no longer do it because I had to stop gardening. Once I start gardening I'll do it again, right after getting a good camera ;)

Reaction score

Those are gorgeous roses. It looks like a photo from a magazine. I love the intense color. Thank you for sharing your photo.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Just stunning, perfection for sure :). Did you grow those roses? They look incredible. I'm a big fan of close ups for nature as well, so much excellent detail to capture.

Ask a Question