Red Pears

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just may be a novice here, but I saw some very red pears at the store yesterday and was almost tempted to buy some. Does anyone know what kind of pears these are? Do they taste like the green and yellow variety?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
There is more than one type of red pear one is a Anjou and the other is Bartlett pears, they are both sweet and juicy.

images

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
These red pears look really yummy! I'd like to try them:)
Pears are one of my favorite fruits, I love everything about them. When I was a teenager, I used to wear pear perfume:D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I used to wear pear perfume as well when I was younger and my mother loved it. Pears have always been one of my favorite fruits as I am not really into the citris variety like oranges and mango. I have a very picky pallette when it comes to fruits and so I am always on a desperate search for something I like to eat.

Reaction score
I just may be a novice here, but I saw some very red pears at the store yesterday and was almost tempted to buy some. Does anyone know what kind of pears these are? Do they taste like the green and yellow variety?

I would definitely recommend trying them you you haven't already - as to me red pears are much nicer than the regular green and yellow varieties - in fact although I also grow some of the green varieties - the majority of the pears I grow are the red or blush varieties as I prefer them - as apart from the fact that they have a slightly firmer texture than the regular varieties - the flavor is delicious too and way nicer than that of the many green and yellow varieties - as they have a lovely refreshing sweetness and a nice aroma too :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I used to wear pear perfume as well when I was younger and my mother loved it. Pears have always been one of my favorite fruits as I am not really into the citris variety like oranges and mango. I have a very picky pallette when it comes to fruits and so I am always on a desperate search for something I like to eat.
Pear perfume smells lovely, doesn't it? I think I would still wear it from time to time, but my boyfriend can't stand this scent:(

I'm not very picky, I like most fruits .Unfortunately, I get bored with them quickly, so I'd like to try something new. Red pears sound like a very good choice:)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am not a big lover of fresh pears for some reason, I like canned pears better. I don't know if red pears are available in my area but after having read the reviews and the suggestions that the red pear taste different from the green ones I will have to look for some in my area, maybe the local farmers market will have red pears.

Pears are high in fiber and help with Type 2 diabetes very interesting article.

http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=foodspice&dbid=28

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I used to love canned pears, but my mom used to feed them to us when we were kids all of the time so now I will not go near them. I love the crunch of a fresh pear.

Ask a Question