Receiving flowers

Reaction score
Country
United States
Do you like receiving flowers? I know I am not a huge fan of cut flowers. When I do get them I typically dry them out. I much rather receive a house plant (that has flowers) as opposed to cut flowers that only last a few days.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I do love to receive flowers but not cut flowers as I feel like their lives have been cut short! I told my children if they give me flowers, I prefer to have it growing in a pot! It would mean so much more to me than a dozen velvet cut roses.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Everyone in our family knows to NOT give me cut flowers (I want a gift certificate to Chamblee's Roses instead.) The transitory pleasure from a bouquet is nothing compared to the long-lasting pleasure of having roses growing and being able to cut your own bouquet if you want.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I love, love, love receiving flowers:) A bouquet of white roses or tulips is something that always puts me in a good mood:love: Cut flowers are a beautiful decoration. Also, it's a very romantic gift:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I stopped giving flowers as gifts years ago. Why give a gift that will be pretty and smell good for a week and then die? That is my thinking anyway. I give plants if I am going to give that sort of gift because they last for years. If I am not single on Valentines day I do break down and give the traditional roses gift.

Ask a Question