Priorities!!!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
Today we are having a few people over to watch the Aussie Rules Footy Final. It is a big thing here, now the Friday, yesterday, is even a public holiday which I do think is a bit ridiculous. What is interesting to me is I spent yesterday in the garden, much more important for the garden to look its' best than the house. I will do a tidy up inside in the morning but it's certainly not the priority it once was, I call it my "Pre-Gardening" Era.
Is the garden your first priority, after loved ones of course?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Oh, tough question to answer . . . .
Depending on who is coming, I make the garden a priority for visiting gardeners. For those that just look out a window and say "pretty flowers" I make the house a priority. For those who show no interest in either the gardens nor the state of the house but are focused on "what's for dinner" I make cooking/baking a priority.
The gardeners get invited back, the others, no.

Reaction score
Country
Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic Of
I don't really consider gardening as a priority in my life. I do like taking care of my lawn and plants, but I don't really consider doing that as an important thing for me, not important enough to be defined as a priority whatsoever.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Same here, DeborahJane.
I love, love, love plants and treat them like they're my pets:) Each one of them is special and important to me. Taking care of them is a lot of fun, I enjoy it very much.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
No, I like growing things, but it is not a priority to me. I have too many other things to worry about at the moment. Maybe some day gardening or growing will take over a bigger priority in my life, but right now I just really need to put my efforts into other high priority projects that are taking up my time.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Gardening is important to me but I have not had an outdoor garden for 2 yrs. I do miss the activity of gardening, this year we have moles that are making a good mess of the yard. I do have indoor plants that get more of my attention than outdoors.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well, a little bit overexagerated, but that happens in many countries and states.
o_O Well, now that's confusing. You admit that happens, but think @zigs is exaggerating? :confused: Why? As near as I can tell from his posts, he not only grows his own garden, but forages for wild edibles as well...

Is it the "Eek!" face that puts it over the top?
1yikestkt_zps39884967.gif

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
To mis quote the fabulous furry freak brothers, the garden will get you thru times of no money better than money will get you thru times of no garden :D

When I can't work for any reason the garden and foraged food has got me thru many a time where I would have gone without or have to use my credit card.

That's one of my favourite smilies :D

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Gardening is a priority, not so much to feed the two of us (although we do manage to eat up quite a few of our veggies and fruits) but to share with the local food bank. So many people would like to garden, but don't have the space or the physical capability. Since we are blessed (cursed?) with plenty of room, we like to grow and give.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
given me an idea to do a video :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members