Pretty Weed Flower ID, please!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
In between the cracks of my backyard patio, I have this weed growing every year, and despite my effort of pulling them out by their root; they always come back. One day I took my camera out and through the macro mode, I got this picture of the flower that they produced. It is so pretty to see. When they get lots of sun, the flower has blue color, and when it is too gloomy, the flower is white.
P1140386-pretty weed flowers.JPG

Blue Weed Flower.JPG

Anyone knows what it is?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I agree with Gata, lovely pics and deffo a Veronica type flower :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I always find it amazing how tenacious some plants can be. If you wanted it to grow, and pampered it, it would probably curl up and die. But even though you keep pulling it, it comes back. Here in the mountains, we'll see trees that grow literally on the top of big rock, with no soil, it puts roots down through the cracks and the roots will wrap around the boulder.

It also demonstrates that just because it's a "weed", doesn't mean it can't be beautiful. It's neat that it changes color with the amount of sun it receives. Nature is truly amazing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Those little flowers are so pretty!:) If they grew in my garden, I wouldn't get rid of them. I'd start watering and feeding them. Weeds need more love:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Lovely photos IcyBC

Although I feel absolutely positive that this plant/weed belongs to the Veronica family - am not a hundred percent sure which variety - particularly as there literally hundreds - but am thinking that it is very probably this

http://michiganflora.net/species.aspx?id=1985

Veronica Serpyllifolia commonly known as Thyme Leaved Speedwell.

It is the same type of flower, and thank you so much for the link! I will have to smell it this year :) to see if it has the thyme scent. The flower is like a tiny dot but with the macro mode, it revealed itself so beautifully!

Ask a Question