Planting Corn!

Reaction score
What is the best time of the year to to plant corn; would it be ok to plant corns in the summer months?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
What is the best time of the year to to plant corn; would it be ok to plant corns in the summer months?
Aren't you in Jamaica? I think you could grow corn anytime but probably better in the rainy season if you have one. Corn likes a lot of sun and warm weather but not extremely hot, so plant when you have moderate rain and lots of sunshine

Reaction score
Chuck it is extremely hot at this point in time we've being experiencing a lot of bush fires lately so might be now wouldn't be a good time to plant my corns; i think i'll wait until the end of august going on to september.

Reaction score
Wow, that is hot but corn does like the hot weather. The Midwestern part of the US can be brutal in August and I know they grow tons of corn out there.

Reaction score
Ok i will do some further research on this matter and see when is the best time to start planting.

Reaction score
Maize prefers the warmer climes, we plant ours in the UK around May when there is no further risk of frost, we harvest late July - August, mine which I grew from seed is surviving the hot dry spell we are having, I tend to water a lot in the evening when most of the heat has gone out of the sun.

Ask a Question