pink promise rose

Reaction score
here are some nice pics of my pink promise rose. Its fairly new and grows pretty vigorously with pretty big blooms. Sometimes, the pink in the center of the rose will turn a bright green color, so strange. Enjoy!

20140424_162119_zpsb90285bc.jpg

Reaction score
Lovely picture of a beautiful rose - but are you really sure that its actually " Pink Promise " that you have here ?

I only say that - as I and many like me who - although this rose was first introduced in 2006 - have been growing this rose since 2009 - when it became an extremely popular rose - not because of its enormous blooms, beautiful color or wonderfully subtle fragrance - but because it became known as " The Breast Cancer Rose " - as a percentage of all sales of this rose are donated to " The Breast Cancer Foundation " - have not once in all those years - ever found any of our blooms to turn bright green in the center - very deep pink yes but never green o_O

Reaction score
Yes, i am afraid that is actually pink promise rose. Unless the tag was wrong. But the weird thing is, since i live here in vegas, my roses like to fade or change in color. The pink promise went from pink, to white, then to green and now back to pink again. It must be the heat in my opinion. Here is a picture of the tag along with a white bloom on the same plant:

20140517_104146_zpscbe6e49b.jpg
20140517_104251_zps3fbef33d.jpg

strange huh! :)

Reaction score
Yes, i am afraid that is actually pink promise rose. Unless the tag was wrong. But the weird thing is, since i live here in vegas, my roses like to fade or change in color. The pink promise went from pink, to white, then to green and now back to pink again. It must be the heat in my opinion. Here is a picture of the tag along with a white bloom on the same plant: strange huh! :)

As its something that happens quite frequently I have to say that I think this is a case where the tag was wrong - as apart from the fact that " Pink Promise " is extremely stable and doesn't alter even in extreme heat - which I can vouch for as I've grown it in temperatures of 48C without any problem - I have to say that its your " mystery pink rose " that looks to me much more like " pink promise " than this one - especially as it has a slight fragrance and has the right petal formation.

Mainly because the picture here of your beige colored rose doesn't seem to bear much resemblance to that of the bloom on the " pink promise " rose - as apart from the shape of the petals as well as the formation being totally different - its half the size of a " pink promise " bloom as they are generally enormous and at least 5 to 6 inches across.

But either way whatever rose it is - it certainly sounds to be a very unusual and therefore all that really matters here - is that you like what you see - as all roses are beautiful in their own way - regardless of what they are called :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
YES DALLIS CHURCH!!! I live in the Willamette Valley in Oregon. I planted 3 Pink Promise Roses 5 years ago. And, YES, they are Pink Promise. Bought from a reputable nursery. JP Roses....Every single year they have a beautiful first blooming. Color is true 'cotton candy pink' as promoted. The repeat blooms throughout the summer are a dirty looking off white. Then another beautiful blooming in the fall. I am so frustrated with these roses that I'm ready to dig them all out and replace them. I've looked for answers to the color change and haven't found any. I've tried adding extra bone meal and ramping up the fertilizer....no change at all. You are the first I've found with the same problem! Thank you so much for posting. At least I know I'm not the only one with this issue. Oh, and I've never had the green center, that's interesting. :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Those are gorgeous roses! The pink and orange colors are my favorites! I only have an orange miniature rose in the garden, but I love it.

Reaction score
I think that has got to be the prettiest rose that I have ever seen. I do not have my own home but when I get my own home, I cant wait to plant me a rose and flower garden. I mean flowers are pretty but there is nothing like a rose. There is just something about a rose that is more than just a flower.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Nothing like roses in one's garden. The avatar that you see here is the rose bud from my garden. I had many of them but they do not look good any more. I am trying to get them back to health
Your rose is beautiful and as far as its name is concerned I must admit I know very little about names :)

Reaction score
Country
China
here are some nice pics of my pink promise rose. Its fairly new and grows pretty vigorously with pretty big blooms. Sometimes, the pink in the center of the rose will turn a bright green color, so strange. Enjoy!

20140424_162119_zpsb90285bc.jpg

It looks too nice,But my love is red rose~ The red rose is more sexy.. :)

Ask a Question