Pineapples...what the heck is wrong?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10b
Country
United States
I planted to pineapples from the heads I cut off on earth day. They have two plants in each. Does that mean more than one pineapple per plant?

NatalieW

Certified Herbalist
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
United States
looks like they started side stems....yes, they might create 2 pineapples ...it's possible, or just one. No guarantees.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I hope you will get two pineapples out of them! They look very healthy and growing strong! Haven't tried growing pineapple yet in my life.

Reaction score
Country
United States
You can try to split them down the middle. What will happen with your plants is they will try to produce two fruit, but neither will get very large, maybe to the size of your fist.

Ava

Reaction score
Country
United States
I planted to pineapples from the heads I cut off on earth day. They have two plants in each. Does that mean more than one pineapple per plant?

Hi Crazy C. That means your pineapple is happy and mature, she is putting off suckers, slips, and ground suckers. You can plant each one as they appear, and they will be a new pineapple to grow. A mature pineapple will send out several slips and suckers.

Ask a Question