Photo Gallery?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment we've got a showcase section where you can create an entry to show us your own garden, including photos. However, it is possible to add a photo gallery section to the site where members can upload photo albums of other things - for example, days out at public gardens, etc...

Would this be of interest? It's a relatively expensive add-on to buy, but if it'll be something that would be of use to members here then I'm happy to give it a go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Is it possible to use 'sticky' threads as on other sites Ian, or is that expensive too? The thread can be fixed in position at the top of a forum. If that's possible then it may cut out the need for the section you have mentioned above and also cut down the cost. A thread could be started for example - at the top of 'Gardening Talk' for members to place their albums and another for members days out etc. :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We can sticky things Sheal, same software as the uk forum :)

I'd be happy with just lobbing pics in the general forum if it's cheaper Ian :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Is there a particular reason to have the album section other than having people post the photos to threads they start? I think that the current way to share is just fine unless it creates some kind of lag or something that drags the site.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Do you have to pay for the the amount of space the forum uses? If so, I would weigh that cost vs the cost of an album section. If not, then we can make a sticky section and be like stick your photos of trips and things here if you don't have questions or if it is off-topic. I've got one side of my garden done. I'll take pictures this weekend!

Reaction score
Well being able to upload albums sounds very nice, but if that is going to cost you a hefty rice, then I think we are fine with the way things are now :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We got the same on the other forum, some members use it, but it's not really mainstream so a lot get missed unless you go searching for them.

We just got a separate forum entitled Members Galleries, most folk lob a picture thread in there :)

Ask a Question