Petrol strimmer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just brought a petrol strimmer do I only mix the oil and petrol once or every time I use the strimmer?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
If the string trimmer requires mixed gas and oil (pre-mix), add the gas and oil together in a gas can and label it as 'Pre Mix" and note the Gas - Oil ratio. All fuel going into the string trimmer should come from that gas can. Only pre-mixed fuel should go into the string trimmers gas tank. The string trimmer packaging should define the gas to oil ratio and that ratio should be adhered to. Not all pre mix engines use the same ratio. Some might be 32:1, some might be 40:1 always know the correct ratio needed. The oil added to the gas provides lubrication for the engine internally and without it the engine will most likely seize and probably be ruined.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
You have to mix it every time you add petrol. Follow the correct ratio as described in the user's manual. I think the oil is meant to reduce wear on the moving piston. Remember to only use the required oil type.

Ask a Question