Peach tree questions

Reaction score
I have a small peach tree that I now have to take care of, but I have no idea when or where I should prune it. I know I should do it soon, since spring is here, but I do not want to trim the tree in the wrong places and not have any fruit from it. I would appreciate any input.

Reaction score
Well thats tricky. You should always prune when dormant, so yes soon...Secondly, fruit growers dont prune for looks, they prune for max fruit, but your case, your trees are also probably ornamental. Dont go too nuts on the pruning, and remember the size of the branch (if you sever a big branch, you most likely will get a bunch of small ones growing, since the juice being called upon will be the same causing those spurts. English isnt my first language so I dont know if thats clear or not.

Reaction score
Thank you Isoceles for the input! It did make sense, and I do need to get out there very soon and get to pruning. I don't want to make the tree look silly, but I would like to get some good fruit off it this year. Wish me luck! :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I use the fruit tree spike from jobes to fertilize my fruit trees and get lots of fruit every year from all my fruit trees .I have peaches ,pears ,apples ,cherries and plumbs .

Reaction score
Should pruning be done to all trees that produce fruit? I have a plum tree and plan to plant more fruit trees but I am a novice to gardening :(

Reaction score
I know. We have some peach trees and I didn't even know they had to be pruned!:mad:

Reaction score
Also, all our peach trees have this red stuff on the leaves:confused: What is it and what can we do to stop it?

Ask a Question