Peach Like Fruit

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
20150802_193426.jpg
20150802_193538.jpg

It feels and smells like a peach but is smaller and yellow and is in less like a tree and more like a bush. Any ideas? It might be obvious, I don't know.

Reaction score
Even Peach trees have to start small...some grow larger into trees ..whilst others are genetically bred to always stay small.

http://www.vanmeuwen.com/medias/sys_master/8797693902878.jpg

http://www.creatorspalette.com/Ag-H...ch-Genetic-Dwarf/i-Sx2bdbL/0/L/P6160126-L.jpg

Some peaches have white flesh, others peach coloured flesh.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=p...ChMIi-LdpbOMxwIVjo7bCh2xnQFX&biw=1536&bih=728

Some peaches are round others are the shape of doughnuts...search Saturn peach

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saturn_Peach#/media/File:Prunus-persica-1060223.JPG

Just search Prunus persica .(.peach) to see what is out there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Thanks for the information. I am in the peach state, so I guess that makes sense :LOL:;)

All I know about peaches is what I see at the grocery store. They smell real good. Will the be edible. I'm thinking about digging it up and giving it a better home as it's burried in other trees and vines.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
I can't say anything about that fruit but definitely it looks peach to me. All I can think of now is the apricot although it is far different. By the way, we don't have those fruits here although I have eaten fresh peaches and nectarine because we buy that once in a while in the supermarket that sells imported fruits. I hope that fruit will be identified for our knowledge.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
It does look like a Georgia Peach to me. I hope you are able to give it a better home so that it can grow and produce lots of sweet peaches.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
It does look like a different variety of peaches. Have you cut it up and look or taste it yet? Here at our local market, they sell varieties of peaches, but I only bought the deep pink or orange one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
@Corzhens that's interesting. What climate do you live in? from what I have read in some of your other post there are lost of exotic plants around.

@Pat I will have to check with our landlord, but it's being overrun with vines and other plants. I want to tree the poor thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
It does look like a different variety of peaches. Have you cut it up and look or taste it yet?
Its fuzzy like a peach. I did cut into one, it's flesh was pale. It smelled really good. Have yet to taste it.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
@Corzhens that's interesting. What climate do you live in? from what I have read in some of your other post there are lost of exotic plants around.

We live in a tropical country where mangoes are common. Exotic fruits here are actually common when I was young. It just happened that imported fruits like your plum and peaches are now arriving here in their fresh form so those native fruits of yore have now become exotic. Worse, the people are now buying imported fruits and have seemed to have forgotten the native fruits.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Kes. :)

At the bottom of your post on the left hand side there is a box saying 'Attach files', that will take you to your personal picture folders. Click on your preferred picture and hit the 'Open' button at the bottom of the box and it should appear in your post. You can then select 'Thumbnail' or 'Full Image'. Most members prefer 'Full Image' particularly when identification is necessary.

Ask a Question