PBS TV

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Was wondering if any of the members here that live in the US,have a tv program on PBS called Almanac Gardener,that has local agriculture agents,that discuss local issues. It a very informative show thats on tv here every Sat. morning. ? :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I have never heard of the show, but I do not watch PBS very often. Most shows on that channel make me want to yawn. There is a show up here called Gardening with Cisco. He is a local expert gardener from Spain and he is a hoot to watch. Very funny and he talks to his plants like they were humans.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
No such program here, Pixie, and I wish there were, as it sounds interesting and informative. All we have is Central Texas Gardener with a host that speaks in a monotone and has guests that are fairly boring.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
In Australia we have a great show called "gardening Australia". It's on at 6.30 Saturday evening and I love it, very informative and inspiring. Australia is a big country of course and it represents quite different climates so not all applicable to each of us but a great show. It's been going forever and I have missed so much as I have only been gardening for 4 years and wasn't interested. Can't believe I was so silly.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
United States
No such program here, Pixie, and I wish there were, as it sounds interesting and informative. All we have is Central Texas Gardener with a host that speaks in a monotone and has guests that are fairly boring.

I've seen that show and I agree :LOL:. That show's like a bad rash that won't go away. We have a local PBS show from Watertown I think. Just a bunch of talking heads yammering on about nothing. Short growing season and stuff… Duh!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I really do like the series movie Alone in the Wilderness that airs on PBS sometimes. It was a self made documentary about this older man who packed up his life and homesteaded in Alaska for many years. He built his whole estate from the ground up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eddiehah

Latest Threads