Palram HG60 Snap & Grow 6-ft Greenhouse any try one of these?

Reaction score
Ive been looking for a nice greenhouse kit to build. I see harborfreight has one but not sure its
as well built as this one by Palram.
Wonder if anyone has seen one of this up close and how well built they are and how easy
they go together?
I plan to put it on top of a wood floor foundation which would look nice and be out of the shell
I have were it would go and also be fastened down to the wood foundation to hold it.
Im here on the central west coast of Florida east of I-75 inland on around 6 acres.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I have two palrams. 6x8 and 6x4. They are not snap and grow but probably similar. Very sturdy . I prefer the look of the clear but my little twinwall is probably a better insulator.
Gale force winds out there right now and holding up finr.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I forgot to mention that if you go ahead with a greenhouse, be sure to leave "gaps" in the wood base to allow you to feed hoses, electrical cords, etc. into the house. There is no other way to to this with the kits unless you cut a hole in a panel and compromise the whole thing.
You can use plastic gutter mesh to stuff around the hose and keep out little furred intruders. And possibly a piece of sponge to block cold air.
I have heard horror stories about the Harbor Freight greenhouse assembly and the sliding door and that is why I chose to spend the extra money to get the Palrams with the hinged door.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
CanadianLoriz6a your greenhouse sounds very sturdy. Do you have any pics to share. I plan to have a greenhouse in the future, right now I am learning as much as I can about the construction of a greenhouse.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Obviously this is in the summer..

Attachments

• August 13 2013 024.JPG
    August 13 2013 024.JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 410
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
This is a picture showing a pepper plant grown outside of the greenhouse as opposed to inside - big difference!

Attachments

• GH vs Elements 027.JPG
    GH vs Elements 027.JPG
    194.5 KB · Views: 377

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thanks for the pics. I can see that the greenhouse plant is much larger. When I get my greenhouse I want it to be an additional room on the house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
I have never understood why the lean to/three sided greenhouses that attach to your home are so expensive. I might have opted for one of those if it hadn't been so costly.

Ask a Question