Owdboggy's Garden

Updated July 23rd
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
What a huge garden. Not much me time, I bet. But very rewarding. I thought I had a big one. Our block is 3/4 acre but that includes a house, garage, carport and big driveway so not sure how much garden. Keeps me busy too. I'd love a green house. I have a small garden shed which I love but it is small. I knew I would just use it as a cupboard and, true to form, it is untidy. I just shove everything in and close the door.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I know that I will be back to look at your garden images again and again. There is a lot to take in from the hidden nooks and cranny's, the manicured sections with walkways and trellis's to the rocky ledges and gravel stone paths. Wondering, if those are retainer ponds? Oh that bench made out of logs and sticks is so unique! Did you make it?

Oh, you even have a plastic tunnel green house tucked away in there, too! Oh, and a glass greenhouse, too. I would really like one of these with window panes, someday. What you have done with all of your potted planted is impressive. Your creativity is quite apparent. Tonight, I am going to sit down with my mother and go through these pictures of your "garden" with her. She will be able to help me identify the flowers, I do not want to ask you a million and one questions. It is going to be so fun admiring all your dedication when we flick through these images together for inspiration. She is getting older and can not get out to all the sections in the field at the flower farm. So, she is designing a cutting garden this year outside the bay window.

You were not kidding, when you wrote about the time involved to take and post these pictures. It is greatly appreciated. I hope to see more, too!

By the way, your blue garden shed matches the color of my parents city house. Speaking of blue, you really do have some blue flowers, too.
may-1st-2015-077-jpg.5667

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Glad you enjoyed it. I really ought to put the names of the plants on the photos, but it takes a long time and I am not always certain what the plants actually are.
The one above is Clematis alpina, but since there are dozens of forms of it, I am not sure which one it is. Labels have a nasty habit here of going walkabout!

Ask a Question