Our grape vine

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We were just guessing when we pruned our grape vine which had big leaves and long branches. After that, what sprouted were small leaves and short branches. And little did we know that those short branches will bear grapes. Yeah, we are happy to report that we are seeing the first 2 bunches of grapes. We are hoping that more bunches will emerge and another hope is that the vendor in the nursery would be true to his words that this grape is seedless.

Here is the pic of our grape -
IMG_3067 ubas.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Oh yum! Grapes would have to be one of my favorite fruits of all time - but they are so expensive here! I don't think I have the right conditions locally to grow them though :(

Reaction score
Country
Portugal
They don't look too bad, but it doesn't have a lot of fruit. This year I won't have any grapes, the rain ended late and was followed by very hot weather so they ended developing mildew. I am not the only one that went through the same thing all my neighbors and friends are complaining about the same thing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
Here is the latest about our grapes. There are 2 bunches with 8 grapes each. The bigger bunch has started to ripen so we are excited in awaiting for the first harvest. Here is the pic taken last Saturday.
IMG_3609 ripe ubas.jpg

But this morning when I checked on the ripening grapes, they are gone. Yeah, all of the 8 fruits are gone. The other bunch which has 8 grapes now has only 3 left and they are all green yet. We suspect the birds may have eaten the fruits. This is our first time with grapes so we are ignorant about it.

Ask a Question