Open garden event for charity

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
If any of the members on here are going to be in England at the end of May they are most welcome to come and visit our garden.

We open it for charity each year and raise money for a local charity that helps mentally handicapped children. We charge £1 entry fee, have loads of entertainment, sell coffee and cake, plants, crafts etc. and in the day and a half that we open we raise about $6,000.

If you're going to be in England and wish to come then just PM for the details. (y)

If the season runs to normal times this plant will still be in bloom. If it's a very warm Spring then it is almost finished as the flowers only last ten days. Each flower is about 12" in diameter.
P1230281.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've moved this into a new topic for you, I hope that's ok! I thought it might get a little lost in the Photo of the Month discussion.

Sounds fantastic! I would have loved to come along and see those magnificent blooms but sadly we already have plans for the May bank holiday weekend. I hope it goes well!

Reaction score
Country
Nigeria
Lovely garden, wish I was in Europe but I'm not. The garden event sounds very creative and interesting. I hope you have fun this year and make more than you ever made.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
I've already booked a hotel, got me bag packed, got plants together to bring up and got a bottle of rum
smiley-eatdrink058.gif

Not staying in the brothel this year though :eek::D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This sounds absolutely wonderful, Bootsy:) I wish I could be in England at the end of May to visit your garden.
The plant in the photo is beautiful:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds fantastic and I hope the turn out will be great too! The charity you're raising fund for is a good one, and sadly I don't have the fund to go anywhere :(

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Barbados
This garden event sounds like a lovely idea - a very good way to raise funds for a worthy cause. I think the flowers in the photo are beautiful too. I have no plans of travelling this year - budget constraints. I have never visited England but would love to do so some day. It is nice having entertainment and refreshments at the event too. I also think the entrance fee is quite reasonable. I'll be glad to hear how the event turns out this year. I actually love garden events, going to flower shows and the like.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
That's a pity. I would like to have met you (y)

We have even more entertainment this year. More singers, a second Ukulele band and a community choir. :)

All performers are volunteers.

Ask a Question