Oddest containers?

Reaction score
What is the oddest sort of container you've personally used as a way to grow a thing, or perhaps the oddest box you've seen another individual growing a thing in?

Whole milk cartons, a motor vehicle, even an old boot, no matter because it's all welcome here! Pictures are obviously appreciated if you have them.

Reaction score
Mine is cat litter boxes I made into earthboxes. You can just see three of them in the background of my avatar. I am not sure how odd that is, though... they were easy to make and a lot of people have them! Maybe I should look around for something weirder.

Reaction score
The weirdest thing I've seen someone else grow plant in is an old broken piano. I saw it on Pinterest. I have also seen people grow plants in dresser drawers and old toilets.
I haven't used anything really weird, just a plastic wastebasket when I had nothing else handy.

Reaction score
The weirdest thing I've seen someone else grow plant in is an old broken piano. I saw it on Pinterest. I have also seen people grow plants in dresser drawers and old toilets.
I haven't used anything really weird, just a plastic wastebasket when I had nothing else handy.
Please tell me you have the photo of the piano!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have used the large tins for cooking oil that get thrown away by restaurants.

There was someone on a gardening program who had a concrete yard filled with containers he had found, from old dustbins down. It looked great, the plants concealed most of them.

Ask a Question