Newbie Member

Reaction score
Country
United States
I live in north east Kansas, zone 5b. I have a very small front yard border garden, facing east. This spring I planted some new Zepherine Drouhan roses from Heirloom. I chose this variety because the border gets the shade from the house in the afternoon and I read that this rose tolerates the shade a little better than other roses. So far I'm off to a very rough start, as my well meaning husband planted them with a bunch of cyprus mulch in the bottom of the holes! :eek: I'll be digging them up this coming weekend.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
India
Welcome.
Whatever your problem there are veterans here who will help you.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
You chose well--we had a Zephrine Drouhine when we lived in town, in almost total shade--about three hours in the morning and that was it! The rose did very well. Tell your husband to put mulch on top of the ground, not in the hole!
And welcome to the forum. We'll help you in any way we can.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
I live in north east Kansas, zone 5b. I have a very small front yard border garden, facing east. This spring I planted some new Zepherine Drouhan roses from Heirloom. I chose this variety because the border gets the shade from the house in the afternoon and I read that this rose tolerates the shade a little better than other roses. So far I'm off to a very rough start, as my well meaning husband planted them with a bunch of cyprus mulch in the bottom of the holes! :eek: I'll be digging them up this coming weekend.
Welcome 666k9s and thanks for showing me the Zepherine Drouhan rose. I've just googled it and like its repeat flowering and tolerance of shade. Will ask at my local nursery.

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome! Sorry ot hear your husband did that, but at least you will have something to do that day ;) Anything is a good excuse to spend some ours in the garden (y)

Ask a Question