New Hyacinth

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I have a new plant and I want to show it to you:) It's a hyacinth. Its flowers will be dark blue, I can't wiat to see them:) I never had any blue flowers before.

20151201_095639.jpg

It's a little gift from my boyfriend:love:

20151201_095523.jpg

I planted it in a glass vase, because it was a surprise gift and at that moment I didn't have any empty flower pots;)

20151201_095625.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Nawww - sweet boyfriend! My husband knows I always prefer something that I can plant in the ground as a gift rather than cut flowers -- I like things that I can keep, and cut flowers end up dying and having to be thrown away!

It'll be lovely when it flowers!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you:)
I love, love, love both cut flowers and plants and my boyfriend knows about it, so sometimes I receive bouquets, sometimes plants:) This hyacinth makes me especially happy, because I'm sure it will smell heavenly lovely:D I could spend a whole day just smelling hyacinths, haha:)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
How lovely! He clearly knows you very well :)

I planted it in a glass vase, because it was a surprise gift and at that moment I didn't have any empty flower pots;)

I think it looks beautiful in the vase!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Boyfriend knows how to make you smile. Really nice plant and vase. Can't wait to see the blooms on the new plant.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Becky - thank you:) And yes, he knows me well:D
I'm so glad I have this glass vase.
Pat - thank you! I'll post more pictures of my hyacinth when it blooms.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
It looks great claudine...it looks like it has a little brain!! Also, I would keep it in the glass vase. It's going to fill it up with green and look amazing (y)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Awww :love: All of us single ladies need BF like yours. Not only are Hyacinth pretty flowers but you actually get to watch it grow. That's a charming gift idea:cool:.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I have so many glass vases and you just give me an idea to use them for growing. Your hyacinth looks wonderful and the blue blooms will be fantastic to see, not to mention the glorious fragrance you will smell in your house.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Java Guy - thank you:) I'll definitely keep it in the glass vase, because I don't want the plant to be stressed. Also, I think it looks nice:)
Ashanti Duggins - thank you! I love my boyfriend so very, very much:)
IcyBC - thank you, I'm glad you like it:)

Reaction score
That is going to be absolutely lovely. I have never worked with bulbs, but they have always appealed to me. :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you! It grows incredibly fast. I'll take a new picture of it tomorrow and post it here. I've just came home and the first thing I've noticed is my hyacinth. I can't believe how big it is!

Ask a Question