New home with a bare yard

Reaction score
I just moved into a new home 2 weeks ago and there is nothing but one little tree in the front yard. I live in a mobile home park that is rather nice but has no shade. I love my new home but it just looks so plain with nothing growing but grass. I have only ever planted for shady area's since that is what I had to work with in my older homes, now that I'm working with the total opposite full sun I don't have a clue what to plant. I could really use some good idea's. I prefer perennials and love the darker colors of flowers.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I just moved into a new home 2 weeks ago and there is nothing but one little tree in the front yard. I live in a mobile home park that is rather nice but has no shade. I love my new home but it just looks so plain with nothing growing but grass. I have only ever planted for shady area's since that is what I had to work with in my older homes, now that I'm working with the total opposite full sun I don't have a clue what to plant. I could really use some good idea's. I prefer perennials and love the darker colors of flowers.
Where are you located? Maybe not only you can have some nice color but also some tasty things to eat also

Reaction score

As there is such an enormous amount of choice when it comes to plants that will grow in full sun - I too would say the same as Chuck - where are you located - as it is very difficult to know what to suggest without first knowing what kind of climate you are wanting to grow them in - it would also help if you could let us know whether you are looking for - low maintenance plants or large and compact or even ground cover and maybe even whether you have a specific color scheme in mind - rather than just dark :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes first things first where are you located that determines more of what you can grow, what you growing season looks like. Full sun gives you so many choices to pick from when deciding on your plants. Your are going to have so much fun looking at pictures to see what you can do with your space, my I suggest Pinterest Gardening, I find so much information and pictures to look at I lose myself and later realize I have spent hours looking at pictures.

Ask a Question