New guy on the block

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi I just floated over from the Garden pond forum. I spend a lot of time working on the garden, Winter will soon be here(upstate New Your) and what seems like work now will soon be something that I look forward to. I have a about 1 1/2 acres that seems to be a never ending expanding garden. I like growing things but like building things even more.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Great to have you aboard @mgmine. I have green fingers too and have a garden in the back that I am very proud of. It is where I get most of my kitchen supplies from. What is it you like building?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome aboard! :) Have you had any interesting building projects in your garden recently?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
Hi mgmine. Welcome to the forum. I too like to tinker around with hardware or building things. I am in zone 6A- southern Ontario so probably have much the same growing issues as you do!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome! We lived in upstate NY for about 25 years, and had a great vegetable garden and flower gardens, too. Gardening can be challenging there, but the rewards are worth the effort you put into it.
Could you give us some photos of the things you build? We are always looking for ideas and inspiration!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi mgmine. Welcome to the forum. I too like to tinker around with hardware or building things. I am in zone 6A- southern Ontario so probably have much the same growing issues as you do!
I know where Oakville is I go past it on my way up to Parry Sound.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, and welcome! We lived in upstate NY for about 25 years, and had a great vegetable garden and flower gardens, too. Gardening can be challenging there, but the rewards are worth the effort you put into it.
Could you give us some photos of the things you build? We are always looking for ideas and inspiration!
I posted a picture yesterday of a Hobbit house I built and will post some others on the Landscaping and Garden Design forum

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello and welcome aboard! :) Have you had any interesting building projects in your garden recently?
I just finished up a garden entrance/potting shed with a living roof that I'll post a picture of.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Great to have you aboard @mgmine. I have green fingers too and have a garden in the back that I am very proud of. It is where I get most of my kitchen supplies from. What is it you like building?
Pretty much anything I posted a picture yesterday of a Hobbit house and will be posting some other garden things. I have the problem of making things such as cabinets and furniture and toys that I have no use for When people hide behind their curtains I know they have enough "stuff"

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
I have gone and set the hobbit house as my computer background. I love it so much as it gives me the feel of Alice in wonderland. I wish I could make one like that. Did it take you too long to build it? I would love to see other photos of stuff you have built.

Ask a Question