New engineer

Reaction score
Hi all, not sure if this is the best place to put this. I am a new engineer at a gardening product manufacturing company. I am looking for new ideas. I have created many things from my own gardening experience. But I often wonder what other people are looking for. I'm not looking for someones great gardening gadget that they have worked hard on. Just things you don't like about products out there, or things you wish were out there. It seams I am spending more time taking cost out of things today than looking for what people want. Again sorry if this is not in the right place.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I've not been a member here long,
but was reading a thread about watering cans awhile back,you might get some ideas from that :)
I'll keep you in mind .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA 10a - Sunset 22
Country
United States
A study hose. Most of my hoses don't last more than a year or two, and the watering nozzles and wands too. The reality is I don't think it's a matter of design, it's more a matter of the store wanting "cheap" products to sell. I have had ok luck with Melnor lately, but I'm not buy any more Gilmour

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Your mission, should you choose to accept it,

Please update these, while keeping the quality. These seldom run out of fuel or need the carb rebuilt, they tolerate the weather and being dropped. They are NOT connected to the internet, nor can I control them from it - please keep that feature as it is quite important to me. Do NOT let a non-yard person help with the project, as that lack of actual experience will doom the upgrade and render the end result - useless; They do not cause torn rotor cuffs to start or use, they generally are safe for a 5 year old to use, have few moving parts.

I believe the initial price was $5.99 or so and that should be the target price for the new version (hahahahaha) and these are 30+ years old and still work like new. I can not think of a single product built in the last decade, or two that will still be around in 30 years. And still work as new. With zero maintenance, just casual care and a lot of use.

clippers.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Your mission, should you choose to accept it,

Please update these, while keeping the quality. These seldom run out of fuel or need the carb rebuilt, they tolerate the weather and being dropped. They are NOT connected to the internet, nor can I control them from it - please keep that feature as it is quite important to me. Do NOT let a non-yard person help with the project, as that lack of actual experience will doom the upgrade and render the end result - useless; They do not cause torn rotor cuffs to start or use, they generally are safe for a 5 year old to use, have few moving parts.

I believe the initial price was $5.99 or so and that should be the target price for the new version (hahahahaha) and these are 30+ years old and still work like new. I can not think of a single product built in the last decade, or two that will still be around in 30 years. And still work as new. With zero maintenance, just casual care and a lot of use.

It won't let me hit the "LIKE" button but once...So.... x100 on your post (y) (y) (y) (y)

Ask a Question