My white strawberry plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Yesterday, I bought a white strawberry plant. It's lovely! I'll grow strawberries in my bedroom:)

tmp_DSC_0824-2032914909.jpg

tmp_DSC_0826-573515133.jpg

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Nice one Claudine :)

Get some pots ready for when it puts out runners (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
What is a white strawberry plant? Does it produce white strawberries? I have neglected my poor strawberry plants and I've only seen one strawberry this year so far. I started with two plants and ended up with dozens, but I lost several do to the growing conditions. I hope to repot them and refresh the soil this week and to get a few new plants.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
You got my curiosity running, and I want to see white strawberries once they are coming :) This is just awesome that you can have them in your bedroom. You must have plenty of great sunlight in there don't you. I will look for white strawberries next time I go to the nursery!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
That's awesome. I got my wife some white strawberry seeds ages ago. She never got around to planting them. Maybe I can inspire her to plant them :). I honestly forgot about them until I seen your post.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
What is a white strawberry plant? Does it produce white strawberries? I have neglected my poor strawberry plants and I've only seen one strawberry this year so far. I started with two plants and ended up with dozens, but I lost several do to the growing conditions. I hope to repot them and refresh the soil this week and to get a few new plants.
Yes, it produces white strawberries:D I knew I had to have this plant when I saw it in a gardening store. It's so unique!:love:

Reaction score
Wow what luxury - strawberries in the bedroom and even better they are way ahead of mine - as the fruit is already beginning to form and mine are only just starting to flower :D

As you probably remember I already grow these along with the yellow strawberry variety " Pineapple Crush " - so as white strawberries have a fairly exotic flavor similar to that of a cross between a pineapple and strawberry - which I love - I will be very interested to know what you think of the flavor :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
What do white strawberries taste like? Are the sweeter or tangier than regular strawberries? I've never heard of them before, but now that you're mentioned them, I want some. I always like unusual plants. The plant itself looks just like an ordinary strawberry plant, I wonder if there's a way to tell them apart?

Also, how do you know when the white strawberry is ripe and ready to pick? With regular ones, you tell by the color. Interesting - thanks for posting. Post more pictures when they start to fruit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I've never been a big fan of the taste of pineapples, but I hope I'll like my white strawberries:) I already love growing them!
I'l definitely post more pictures of my plant when it starts to fruit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Is there any reason that white strawberries are better to grow indoors? How are the vitamin and other health benefits compared to regular strawberries (I would expect less health benefits because of the color).

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
I've never been a big fan of the taste of pineapples, but I hope I'll like my white strawberries:) I already love growing them!
I'l definitely post more pictures of my plant when it starts to fruit.

I LOVE pineapple! I have two semi-mature plants growing out back and I can't wait for them to start setting fruit and making pups! My strawberries this year are kind of limping along. They were in indirect light and part-sun last year and I think their new location may not be agreeing with them.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Is there any reason that white strawberries are better to grow indoors? How are the vitamin and other health benefits compared to regular strawberries (I would expect less health benefits because of the color).
I chose white strawberries because in my opinion they look really pretty and unique:) They're 100% natural, so I'm sure they're healthy.

Reaction score
Awesome, Claudine! Great purchase, looking forward to seeing the pictures of the fruits your plant will produce! Best of luck! I've heard the white strawberries taste really good :) Very unique plants indeed!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Thank you Trellum:) I'm looking forward to eating white strawberries. I'm very curious what they taste like:D

Ask a Question