My Gardening Dream

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
People have posed the question here what your dream garden or plant would be to have and have even asked about greenhouses. I've now decided my garden dream would be to have a large lot where I could build a huge house that was strictly for growing. Wouldn't that be awesome?

The entire structure would be "indoor" and outdoor "gardens" with plants either in raised beds or on tables like a green house. It could have high "ceilings" allowing for vertical growing as well. It would also have shaded areas and "cool" spots with climate control for cooler weather crops.

Of course pollinators would have to be incorporated somehow, but there are lots of places with enclosed butterfly gardens and insectariums, so I am sure it could be done.

Wouldn't that be awesome?

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Chanellg your dream garden is similar to my idea of a beautiful garden. I want a space for the cooking out and family fun and relaxing without worrying about the plants being damaged of course. Several trees including fruit trees. Statues and fountains must be in the garden also.

My flowers would be roses, heather, large dahalia, honey suckle and many more.

I do want a greenhouse to start my plantings and to care for the plants that get sick.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
It sounds absolutely wonderful! Who knows, ChanellG, maybe one day you'll find a place like this or you'll build one. Anything is possible, isn't it? I would be very happy if I had a very big greenhouse connected to my house. I'm sure I'd spend most of my free time there:)

Reaction score
People have posed the question here what your dream garden or plant would be to have and have even asked about greenhouses. I've now decided my garden dream would be to have a large lot where I could build a huge house that was strictly for growing. Wouldn't that be awesome?

The entire structure would be "indoor" and outdoor "gardens" with plants either in raised beds or on tables like a green house. It could have high "ceilings" allowing for vertical growing as well. It would also have shaded areas and "cool" spots with climate control for cooler weather crops.

Of course pollinators would have to be incorporated somehow, but there are lots of places with enclosed butterfly gardens and insectariums, so I am sure it could be done.

Wouldn't that be awesome?

My gardening dream would be to have lots of space for my garden. Sunflowers would poke their heads upwards toward the sun. Roses would bloom all summer long. Butterflies and hummingbirds would flutter onto the butterfly bushes, zinnias and impatiens.

Reaction score
That sounds like a really amazing idea, but it also sounds like a full time job :eek: A very fun one, I must add (y) I'd still think it twice, maybe if my boyfriend helped me? In theory your idea sounds wonderful :) I hope this dream of yours can come true for you one day. I'd settle for a big yard with a big space to plant enough edibles... Now that I think about it... I'll stick to keeping ornamental plants in flower pots and use the soil for edibles only.

Reaction score
That actually sounds pretty darn awesome! A gardening dome of sorts with butterflies and birds flying around inside as well. Sounds like a bit of heaven. Did you ever see that movie BioDome with Pauly Shore and Stephen Baldwin? Where the two stoner type dudes get locked in an experimental BioDome with scientists for a year. This reminded me of that movie. They had lots of crops planted inside. It would be neat to experience a dream garden like this.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
That sounds like a really amazing idea, but it also sounds like a full time job :eek: A very fun one, I must add (y) I'd still think it twice, maybe if my boyfriend helped me? In theory your idea sounds wonderful :) I hope this dream of yours can come true for you one day. I'd settle for a big yard with a big space to plant enough edibles... Now that I think about it... I'll stick to keeping ornamental plants in flower pots and use the soil for edibles only.

Ah, now you've hit upon why most dream gardens remain dreams. I have spent so many hours weeding, pruning, feeding, watering, checking for unwanted pests... Trying to manage all that and work and take care of various day to day chores... Now I have to get out and clear away all that winter destroyed.

Ask a Question