JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Last summer I was at a park that had a nice little garden in it. In that garden I saw what I instantly considered the coolest flower I had ever seen. Immediately when I got home, I did research to find out what it was. Eventually I found out, and in Fall of last year I happened to find its seeds for sale.

Ever since, I've been looking forward to seeing one finally bloom, and today it did!
Many of you will probably recognize that its Blanket Flower (Goblin).
DSCN6466.png

IMG_0730.png

It's definitely my favorite flower now, and goes well with my Coreopsis and Rudbeckia which also share the red-yellow theme.

DSCN5883.png

DSCN5512.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
They're all beautiful, JBtheExplorer!:D Thank you for sharing the pictures with us. Looking at your flowers makes me feel warm, because they remind me of a bonfire:) Their colors are so intense! I like this combination of yellow and red.

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Those colors are luscious! Do you have a large area in your garden where these will be blooming?

No, just a small area, but I do have a small dirt patch surrounded by driveway that I plan on growing nothing but Blanket Flowers next year.

Reaction score
Oh how I can equate with that feeling and how exciting and rewarding it feels when something like that happens :)

Think all three are truly gorgeous and hope that you are feeling very proud of yourself - as you are clearly doing everything very right - as they are truly wonderfully healthy and perfect examples of how Gaillardia, Rudbeckia and Coreopisis should look and as they are some of my favorites too have to say that although I love all three - I have to compliment you on your center picture - as not only is the Rudbeckia perfect but so is your photograph :)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lovely, just lovely. I can see why the Blanket Flower is now your favorite plant. The colors are strong and lively. I would love to see a field of these blowing in the wind.

Reaction score
Your flowers are just beautiful, i am liking them a lot ..i can just imagine the joy you are feeling. Thinking about it i don't think i have seen this flower anywhere in my area, i will have to check at the flower nursery and see if i get some seeds.

Reaction score
Beautiful flowers and pictures, of course the quality of the picture helps us to see the flower in all its glory and beauty :) Good job and thanks for sharing this with us! I really liked the first one! Wonderful color combo!

Reaction score
Last summer I was at a park that had a nice little garden in it. In that garden I saw what I instantly considered the coolest flower I had ever seen. Immediately when I got home, I did research to find out what it was. Eventually I found out, and in Fall of last year I happened to find its seeds for sale.

Ever since, I've been looking forward to seeing one finally bloom, and today it did!
Many of you will probably recognize that its Blanket Flower (Goblin).
View attachment 3424
View attachment 3425

It's definitely my favorite flower now, and goes well with my Coreopsis and Rudbeckia which also share the red-yellow theme.

View attachment 3423
View attachment 3422
I am so impressed !!! That flower is gorgeous!! Is it part of the sunflower family? It kind of resembles a sunflower in a way. Sunflowers are my favorite by the way. :) You must of been so happy to see it finally bloom. That's one of the best things about gardening... it is sometimes hard to wait but when it blooms there is nothing quite like it !!!

Great job!!

Danyel :)

JBtheExplorer

Native Gardener
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I am so impressed !!! That flower is gorgeous!! Is it part of the sunflower family? It kind of resembles a sunflower in a way. Sunflowers are my favorite by the way. :) You must of been so happy to see it finally bloom. That's one of the best things about gardening... it is sometimes hard to wait but when it blooms there is nothing quite like it !!!

Great job!!

Danyel :)

Yes, they are related to sunflowers! Probably a good option for those who love the look of sunflowers but don't necessarily like the height of a sunflower since these are only around 12"-18".
Since first posting, I've had a second plant bloom. Different looking than the first (same type, but different height and color). I don't know if its due to buying two seed brands or if the seeds themselves vary. I personally love them both! Here's both of them:

DSCN6955.png

DSCN6956.png

Ask a Question