My DIY Compost Tumbler

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
United States
I like it! I would add another flange to the other end like you have at the handle side tho. That hole will get out of round eventually, allowing the little critters in to hunker down in that nice warm environment.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Nice job! Do these actually work, I've seen them advertised but always wondered if they really compost materials that much faster. And do they hold enough to make it worth it? Do they compost fast enough that you don't overfill it? Or do you need more than one?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like it! I would add another flange to the other end like you have at the handle side tho. That hole will get out of round eventually, allowing the little critters in to hunker down in that nice warm environment.

Thanks, yes I added another flange to that side and another brace to the legs, those pictures are a bit old but here are the new pictures

Reaction score
Country
United States
Nice job! Do these actually work, I've seen them advertised but always wondered if they really compost materials that much faster. And do they hold enough to make it worth it? Do they compost fast enough that you don't overfill it? Or do you need more than one?

I hope it work, never tried before do I'll let you know soon, ha ha........:cool:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Looks good! I was thinking about starting a pile, but I don't know where I'd start it. Maybe I'll so these pictures to Dan and see what he can do to build me a tumbler.

Ask a Question