Mushroom City

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8A
Country
United States
The extra rain has brought out a literal mushroom city in one of our beds.

image.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Lou, are you using wood chips for mulch? We got the same result in one of our flower beds.
By the way, those are handsome ornamental grasses you have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That bed has a lot of compost. I think that's the reason.
Yep, fertile soil without a doubt. BTW those toadstools are poisonous, not deadly but will make you wish you were dead. At least they look like the one's we have here

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8A
Country
United States
Yea, I called them mushrooms cause I couldn't remember the word toadstools. Wonder were the name toad stools came from? Sort like frog and toads. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Yea, I called them mushrooms cause I couldn't remember the word toadstools. Wonder were the name toad stools came from? Sort like frog and toads. :rolleyes:
I don't know. I am almost 70 and as long as I can remember they were called toadstools

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
To bad their not edible,looks like you could farm'em. Is that the northside of a building or something ?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8A
Country
United States
To bad their not edible,looks like you could farm'em. Is that the northside of a building or something ?

No. Their growing only because of the heavy rains plus sprinkler system water. Warm area now. Very hot in June. Extremely hot from July through September.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
They are pretty to see, and it does looking like a city of mushroom. Glad to know that they are poisonous too. I will have to watch my yard for mushroom growing here since we have a puppy that would sink his teeth in if he sees these.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow! I had no idea that mushrooms can look so pretty! It seems like a perfect place for fairies, I'm sure they'd love to live in your garden:) It's so magical!:)

Reaction score
Those look pretty, but you should listen to Chuck... those things are nasty! Be careful, you will not want your kitty or dog to eat that. But it indeed looks like a little toadstool city :p Pretty!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
They may come back because the actual mushroom is in the ground, plus who knows how many spores are in the bed. What you're seeing right now is the fruiting body haha.

Ask a Question