Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This is Clathrus archeri:

85.jpg

okratek1.jpg

Yuck, right?:p I think it look awful - and so strange, like a spider:p . It grows in Australia. Jed, have you seen it?

Reaction score
Wow, I have never heard of a hoya plant. Those flowers you posted look so pretty Claudine. I wish I could find myself a plant.. i love sweet fragrances too. The night queen is one that I like from a distance.. it is too strong for me and gives me a head ache.. I love jasmines.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Wow, I have never heard of a hoya plant. Those flowers you posted look so pretty Claudine. I wish I could find myself a plant.. i love sweet fragrances too. The night queen is one that I like from a distance.. it is too strong for me and gives me a head ache.. I love jasmines.

You find Clathrus archeri pretty?:p Or you were talking about other flowers? I think this Clathrus archeri looks horrible, I'm scared of it because it reminds me of a spider or a scorpion, it looks dangerous:p

Reaction score
You findpretty?:p Or you were Clathrus archeri talking about other flowers? I think this Clathrus archeri looks horrible, I'm scared of it because it reminds me of a spider or a scorpion, it looks dangerous:p
I was talking of the Hoya plant .. not Clathrus archeri .. yikes this one look gruesome. Earlier in this thread Task and Jed were talking about the sweet smelling hoya.. I wish I could get one.. I was at the nursery today.. and did check for the Hoya,, and got some stgrange looks.. :/

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Oh. I'd like to have Hoya too:)
I found another very strange plant, it's called The Buddha’s Hand, or fingered citron. It's edible and it grows in Asia:

buddhashand.jpg

Reaction score
Oh. I'd like to have Hoya too:)
I found another very strange plant, it's called The Buddha’s Hand, or fingered citron. It's edible and it grows in Asia:

buddhashand.jpg
LOL I am not sure I want to eat something like that.. it looks ghostly and scary:D Weird is the word.. I wonder how they use this fruit.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I think this one is incredible! You can grow it indoors?!

I'm not sure...probably not, but who knows? This plant creeps me out, I know I couldn't fall asleep if it grew in my room, lol:p
But for sure it looks exotic and interesting.

Reaction score
It's not my plant but I find it really interesting:

zywe-kamienie-kamyk-litops-lithops_4742.jpg

It's Lithops, it looks like alive stones, it's so strange. It grows in Africa but it's possible to grow it indoors too, it just needs a lot of sun and not too much water:)

It's Lithops, it looks like alive stones, it's so strange. It grows in Africa but it's possible to grow it indoors too, it just needs a lot of sun and not too much water:)
I really like this plant, fascinating specimen. I would love to have one for myself! The flowers really make it!

Reaction score
Taskeinc, your Hoya is so pretty, it looks very healthy and it's so big. I love when plants grow fast. I wonder if it's possible to buy Hoya here in my country. The Hoya flowers are rather pretty:

IMG_2941.jpg

Are they sticky? They look like they were:p
Your Hoya is absolutely gorgeous! Fascinating to look at as well. I definitely will have to check around a see if I can get one.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
Hoya is very pretty, I totally agree:)
How about Skunk Cabbage?:p I've never seen it in person, but I was told that the odor of the plant is absolutely awful. It looks pretty weird too:

SkunkCabbage.JPG

Reaction score

OMG!! This is a really unusual plant, it kinda looks like mushrooms, but it looks more like a bunch of very pretty and colored rocks :) I saw the other pictures you posted (the ones that look like little brains), I wonder if it's possible to find those varieties in Europe? Did you ever see one of those in person?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
No, Lithops are native to southern Africa, they only grow in very dry areas. I've never seen them in any of the European countries I've been too. I've never met anyone who grows them either. I think it's a rare plant.
Lol, now, when I think of it, it does reminds me of little brains:p Yuck!

Ask a Question