Moon phases and plant growth

Reaction score
I did not know that there was even any connection between the phases of the moon and plant growth.. I found this pretty interesting and wanted to share this here.. Did you know this? If not ..Take a look at this land let me know your thoughts.
http://www.pottingblocks.com/moon-phase-planting-guide/

planting-moon-phases-751x507.jpg

Reaction score
What an interesting chart!

I've worked with moon phases for many years and there are several systems. The most detailed one I know of also works with other astrological influences; that's the biodynamic approach and there's a yearly calendar they publish which I used to try to follow but it was really too complex for me.

More recently I have worked with a simpler system that takes into account the sign the moon is in as well as the phase of the moon. While the full moon is a very fertile time in all signs, the sign of Leo is considered the least fertile while the sign of Cancer is the most fertile. In general fire signs are not fertile signs.

Jon Jeavons, author of How To Grow More Vegetables - which I worked with for many years to great effect! - teaches that the three days around the full moon, whatever the sign, are the best days to germinate seeds and states that seeding during that period is almost guaranteed of success.

I'd love to know of others' experience with this.

Maddie, again, thanks for that chart. Where is it from, may I ask?

Reaction score
I had no idea. I know some people think its nutty but I can tell when its a full moon by the way I feel. If I am having a real off day and I just cant explain it, or worse yet if my kids are having a rough day, we can often look out at night and see a full moon looking down at us.
Thanks for this great information.

Reaction score
What an interesting chart!

Maddie, again, thanks for that chart. Where is it from, may I ask?

I have posted the link just above the chart.
Wow.. you seem to know quite a bit about this.. I was totally unaware of the connection until I stumbled across the article. I guess I will have to read some more on this subject. Thanks for the extra information.
It will be good to hear from the others who have more knowledge in this area.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
I had no idea there is a connection like this, it's very interesting, thank you for sharing it, Maddie. Sometimes I like to think everything is connected and we are connected to nature too:)

Reaction score
I had no idea there is a connection like this, it's very interesting, thank you for sharing it, Maddie. Sometimes I like to think everything is connected and we are connected to nature too:)
Yeah, I guess all of creation ties up well in the end.. :) It is great to know that we could use these growing phases to our advantage. This connection was indeed very new and interesting to me that I glad to post it here. I am glad that you like it and find it useful.

Ask a Question