Michigan government forces farmers to destroy vast amounts of healthy food

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
(NaturalNews) Very often, there is nothing so destructive and harmful as government bureaucracy, in which nameless, faceless automatons make decisions based on inflexible, arcane and inane rules.

And it isn't just the federal bureaucracy; states can be just as guilty of blindly implementing policies that are clearly idiotic. Take Michigan, for example, and the subject of food.

As reported by Daisy Luther, the "Organic Prepper," at LewRockwell.com, "While Americans in the nearby city of Detroit face life in third world conditions, unable to even afford running water, the state of Michigan decided to direct its resources towards cracking down on a small food co-op in Standish for having the utter audacity to provide milk, butter, cream and eggs to people who bought shares in the organic dairy."

Luther said the Michigan Department of Agriculture (MDA) is the culprit here; they "must be so proud of their deeds" after forcing Joe and Brenda Golimbieski, owners of High Hill Dairy, as well as Jenny Samuelson, owner of the My Family Co-Op, to "dump out 248 gallons of milk, to break 100 dozen eggs, and to destroy an undisclosed amount of fresh cream, butter and cheese" because, ostensibly, the state didn't get its pound of silver.

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/046242_M...truction_homeless_children.html#ixzz38y4cDHE1

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I once tried to give away fresh produce at a church where they gave away government cheese and butter. I was refused admittance because I wasn't authorized to give away food where government food programs were in effect. So I parked on the other side of the street and honked my horn a few times. The last of the produce was being bagged up when the police showed up. They were going to arrest me for not having a peddlers permit but some of the folks I had given stuff to raised hell and told the cops I wasn't selling anything, that I was giving it away. The cops didn't like that very much so they gave me a ticket for impeeding traffic instead. I really made them mad when I beat the ticket. As it happens you can't impeed traffic when you are in a legal parking area.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's disgusting. It's almost like they want to keep people hungry. It seems to be more about abuse of power and controlling people than helping those in need.
The waste of all that good food is sickening.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
That's disgusting. It's almost like they want to keep people hungry. It seems .
The waste of all that good food is sickening.
to be more about abuse of power and controlling people than helping those in need
That is the definition of government these days

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Chuck, madness is not confined to the US.
I'm not permitted to hand out my surplus produce to the food bank, because it is perishable, yet I don't feel I can stigmatise folk by handing it out to them outside.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'm not permitted to hand out my surplus produce to the food bank, because it is perishable, yet I don't feel I can stigmatise folk by handing it out to them outside.
For a few years now I've been giving my excess produce to an old folks home and the local senior citizens center and don't let the government know what I'm doing. The people in the kitchen let me know if there are any government types hanging around before I show up.

Reaction score
This just sounds so idiotic. I know that I would welcome produce someone wanted to give me to help me feed myself, my daughter and grandson.

Reaction score
Woah, that's terrible. The ignorance and arrogance of people never stops to sicken me! Gosh, the government works in such a weird way! As if we had an excess of food in the world! What a bunch of jerks.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is crazy. This sounds like too many people need to justify getting a pay check for doing nothing.

Reaction score

You should hand it out to people or leave it out with a Free sign near the food bank. Don't worry about stigmatizing them with free food. They'll appreciate the gesture.

Ask a Question