Lack of motivation?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Do you ever go through a time in your life when you lack motivation to do anything? It is not depression or anything like that because I am happy, I just don't feel like doing much. Maybe I am just not getting enough sleep at night.

Reaction score
Yes, I've been there. I think it is just general burn out, something that happens sometimes after one has been working very hard and/or under a lot of stress for a while. Once you get through that season, you need a rest and your body and subconscious mind know that, even if your conscious mind has other ideas and wishes you were being more productive. I have had this happen at times in my life. It's very frustrating because on the one hand I wish I was doing all these things, but I just don't have the motivation to do it, I just want to rest. I think the best thing to do if you feel this way is to give yourself permission to take it easy for a week, cut back on after work activities and then decide what day you will return to working on the thing you need to do.

Reaction score
United States and at times out of country
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
Gardening is a great way to get rid of the blues! Dr. Mercola is a great website that discusses any medical condition. Even he has said that according to some studies 80% of gardeners are reported to being happy. And since a happier temperament has a good effect on protecting the body against disease, gardening just may be good for our health physically and mentally. If you find yourself unmotivated to try it then why not start small? Maybe a Chia Pet would be just the thing to put a smile on your face as you watch it grow in the sunlight of your window sill. I sure hope you can find a way to feel motivated, it doesn't hurt to try gardening. My mother always used to say it was the cheapest form of therapy.

Reaction score
Do you ever go through a time in your life when you lack motivation to do anything? It is not depression or anything like that because I am happy, I just don't feel like doing much. Maybe I am just not getting enough sleep at night.

I feel your pain Rosyrain as i think i am going through that phase right at this moment...it's like i am constant depressed that i am now suffering from hypertension...i don't even feel the urge to work online anymore...i am thinking that a vacation may help...i am considering taking one very soon.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
More so then I'd like to admit. There are days when I just want to stay in my bed, do nothing, and be alone. It is not depression... or maybe it is, but I just have no drive. It is an effort for me even to get out of the bed to eat.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
No. Here they want us to live in the dark.
These government mandated light bulbs are terrible. They do not last much longer than regular light bulbs. I guess they do save a little energy but that is because a 30 watt CFL doesn't have the brightness of a 30 watt incandescent. Plus, they cost about 6 times more than a regular bulb. Did you know that if you drop one of these bulbs in a workplace and it shatters you are supposed to have a Haz-Mat technician come in and clean it up? It has a little raw mercury in it. I can't stand them. I wish LED's would take over but that makes too much sense

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
chuck said:
Did you know that if you drop one of these bulbs in a workplace and it shatters you are supposed to have a Haz-Mat technician come in and clean it up?
Wow I did not know that, that is crazy! I only use LED so I don't keep up with those bulbs. Now I know this information... I am NEVER letting go of my LED's .

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Wow I did not know that, that is crazy! I only use LED so I don't keep up with those bulbs. Now I know this information... I am NEVER letting go of my LED's .
Yeah, I just wish our so called genius leaders would give our tax dollars to LED technology instead of to their buddies like Solendra and their bankrupt solar panels made in China

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Yeah, I just wish our so called genius leaders would give our tax dollars to LED technology instead of to their buddies like Solendra and their bankrupt solar panels made in China
I'll drink to that. We have already begun working on trying to outfit our RV with complete solar and wind generators and LED lighting. Will take some time, but we will get it there.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I'll drink to that. We have already begun working on trying to outfit our RV with complete solar and wind generators and LED lighting. Will take some time, but we will get it there.
Check out Marine (sailboat) sites. Don't buy anything there because it is too expensive but you can find out what is new and get an idea of where to find it cheaper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Check out Marine (sailboat) sites. Don't buy anything there because it is too expensive but you can find out what is new and get an idea of where to find it cheaper.
LOL Thanks for the tip, but we are making them ourselves. We know how and it is cheaper for us to make them then to buy them. Where we live there is no electrical lines so we have not choice but to completely live off grid. Which is fine with us. That is one less thing we have to pay for in the end.

Ask a Question