I've been HAD I tell you!

Reaction score
I purchased a couple hybrid purple tomato plants this year and was happily anticipating have some of the strangest looking tomato sandwiches of my life and you know what happened. Those darn tomatoes are cherry tomato sized :(

I'm not amused in the least and I had my revenge on those little purple suckers by throwing them in a salad and serving them at the dinner table a week or so ago.

More are staring at me from the garden right now.

Anyone want salad?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Oh no! But at least they are purple - I bet they looked lovely in the salad!

For what it's worth, I really like cherry tomatoes in a sandwich. Especially when it's with lots of pastrami and cheddar cheese - YUM!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I like tomatoes in my salad also. So sorry to hear they were not what you were expecting. Were they good and sweet?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I am not a raw tomatoe lover, but I bet it would make an interesting spaghetti sauce...oooh and Halloween is coming so that would be super fun!

Reaction score
No worries, my tomatoes are not doing so well. They are huge plants that don't produce a lot, I am seriously considering just yanking them out. Purple tomatoes do look pretty interesting though, I might have to consider picking a different type next year, not really fond of Beefsteaks at the moment regardless that they work super well on sandwiches.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
If this happened to me, I'd be angry too:( I really don't like cherry tomatoes, because they're very small and there is no way to peel them. I hate eating tomato skins.
I hope you'll have more luck next time.

Ask a Question