It's every so windy today

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Strong gusty wind too dangerous for cycling.

The sun is out and laundry out how long the pegs stay on is a different story.

How is everyone's weather?

Reaction score
I had to get up and look outside. I live in Missouri so you never know from one minute to the next. Water is dripping from the eaves so it must have showered a bit. The sun is rising behind partly cloudy skies and it's about 70 F. The humidity is high and there is the smallest of breezes. Perfect morning to be fishing on the Gasconade River. I need a boat.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We had the wind last night, settled down a lot now, just grey skies and breezy.

Reaction score
As this is the time of year where I live - when we experience a month to six weeks of storm force dry hot winds - that are often strong enough to uproot trees, remove roofs and break branches - as well as a having a few mini tornadoes and whirlwinds thrown in - just to make sure that none of us escape without experiencing some sort of damage.

I too would have so that its very windy where I am too - although I think that the wind is probably somewhat hotter than elsewhere - especially as the only way to describe it - would be to say that I can only equate the feeling - with that of being in a tumble dryer - on the full heat setting :eek:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Blimey, does that come up from Africa Gata? :eek:

Reaction score
Yes zigs -
Smiley gif - sweating with fan.gif
North Africa

and as well as the extreme heat from the wind we also get a heavy coating of sand from the Sahara Desert too :(

Reaction score
Gata, you have sand covering everything sometimes? How do you get rid of it? Where I live we have that problem with snow in the winter time. However, when the sun is out, it can melt away. Of course, sand does not do this so what happens with all that extra sand? Is it like a light dusting?

Reaction score
I am experiencing a bit of bad weather at this moment...yesterday i went in town to do some last back to school shopping...to my dismay while i was up and about there was a torrential downpour that had me totally drenched...this has being one of my worst experiences as my makeup was dripping down the front of my blouse...i was a total mess.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Scotland dont know zone
Country
United Kingdom
Oh Dear shame you got soaked.

Not got that problem re makeup as don't use makeup never had any on mŷ skin

Reaction score
Oh Dear shame you got soaked.

Not got that problem re makeup as don't use makeup never had any on mŷ skin

I think i am somehow addicted to wearing makeup but i will definitely have to reconsider wearing it when the weather isn't so fair.

Reaction score
Gata, you have sand covering everything sometimes? How do you get rid of it? Where I live we have that problem with snow in the winter time. However, when the sun is out, it can melt away. Of course, sand does not do this so what happens with all that extra sand? Is it like a light dusting?

I do yes and no its not a light dusting - but a thick coating of red sand that covers and gets into absolutely everything both inside and out.

Which means that - although we get snow and sometimes heavy rain in the winter too that will generally get rid of anything we haven't managed to reach - in a few weeks time once the winds have abated - I shall be starting the major clearing up process that we have to do every year - which as the sand is red and stains almost everything it touches - means that absolutely everything inside and outside too - has to be either washed, hosed down or vacuumed - not a task I'm particularly looking forward to :(

Reaction score
Hmm, there's gotta be a use for that :D

Although I'm not sure what that would be - I do think that - as we get such a heavy covering of red Sahara sand every year - it may be part of the reason why we have such red sandy soil here and explain why they often like to use it as mortar when building houses or repairing roofs o_O

Ask a Question