Interesting Tree concept

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My friend and I were talking about save the trees conservative efforts that are always being talked about and came up with an interesting concept. If every single Kindergarten student was to plant a tree, we could take care of the tree problem quickly. The neat part we came up with too is that when they are seniors in high school, they could be give the location of where the tree they planted was located and could go and see how that tree gee over the years. What do you all think?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
We already have similar schemes here in Britain but because of our health and safety restrictions young children aren't usually involved. Quite often people from various types of work places will organise a day to meet up at plantations to carry out this work. :)

The daughter of a friend of mine has recently started a charity for bereaved parents of babies. Part of the charity's work is to take them to an area that has been gifted by our forestry commission, there they can plant a personal tree as a memorial for their lost child.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
Sounds like a great idea about go to visit after high school!
On Arbor's Day, our local Elementary school gave each student a tiny pine tree to take home to plant, but they quickly run into problem and that is we live in a huge city; and there isn't much space in the yard to plant them. Now that program is no longer viable.

Reaction score
I love the idea, we actually need to do something like this, because we humans are taking more than we should, we need to give something back!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It would be a fun project for the wee ones and just imagine how many trees would be planted each year with all of the kids that go to Kindergarten. Some of our tree dilemmas would be solved right away.

Ask a Question