In your garden...

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
One of my favorite things to do on a warm spring or summer evening is to get a nice glass of my favorite wine and sit out among the plants and flowers and read a good book. What do you like to do in your garden when it is in full bloom?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Watch my husband work?? :sneaky:

No, I'm like you. I love to sit on the front porch, in the shade, with my portable iPod player playing some good music, sipping sweet iced tea, reading a book. I enjoy the tranquility of early afternoon, when it's not too hot, and all of my chores are done, and I can just relax and enjoy the "scenery".

We have hummingbirds here, and I love watching them fight over who gets the best blossoms - for such small creatures, they certainly are loud and fierce. Sometimes, they'll fly under the porch roof and stop about 5 feet from my face, and just hover there. Then, they flit off in an instant. They are truly amazing, and beautiful, to watch.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
take a nap. There is nothing better than sleeping outside

Reaction score
Sit on the floor and just enjoy...sometimes I might even lie down on the floor and just enjoy the feeling of the not so cold floor on my back. Enjoy life and that moment, because it's all good and I don't know how long this will last.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
It's funny, I rarely ever just sit around outdoors in the yard unless I am visiting someone else. I spend a lot of time in the garden, but I'm usually working in it at the time. I guess I just don't have that kind of leisure - not to mention the dad-blasted mosquitoes (and at certain times of the year, termites) can drive you indoors again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I like to walk around and visit with the flowers, herbs, and vegetables. So much of my time is weeding, trimming, picking, deadheading, that just walking about (with Pinot Grigio or Chenin Blanc) and seeing who is blossoming, who has put out new growth, who is ready for a visit with a harvest basket is a great pleasure. The sleepy peeping of the birds in the trees gives me a bit of music for my stroll (the yodeling of the coyotes, not so much.)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
It's funny, I rarely ever just sit around outdoors in the yard unless I am visiting someone else. I spend a lot of time in the garden, but I'm usually working in it at the time. I guess I just don't have that kind of leisure - not to mention the dad-blasted mosquitoes (and at certain times of the year, termites) can drive you indoors again.

I lived in Arkansas for a year, which is not to far from Louisiana and I did not venture outside much when I lived there, especially during the summer months. It was way too hot and humid for this Pacific Northwest girl! I stayed inside with the air conditioner blasting. Up here we have a nice ocean breeze and it rarely gets above 80 degrees on the hottest of summer days, so it is actually really nice and just sunny when you go outside to enjoy the afternoon. Our summers are quite short so we all go outside and soak up every bit of sunshine we can during the summer months.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United States
Our summers are quite short so we all go outside and soak up every bit of sunshine we can during the summer months.

I can relate! This morning while I was digging around in the dirt at garden #3, one of the guys walked through the garden and said "This Vitamin D feels great!" It has been really warm to hot and tomorrow it's supposed to get up to 79! Of course it's also supposed to rain again, then get back into the 50s... I was hoping to pull everything out of the greenhouse.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
One of my favorite things to do on a warm spring or summer evening is to get a nice glass of my favorite wine and sit out among the plants and flowers and read a good book. What do you like to do in your garden when it is in full bloom?

My favorite things to do when my garden is in full blooms are taking pictures, taking more pictures, and collect seeds for next year! I love watching and looking for butterflies and skippers on my flowers.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
I do like to sit on the deck with a glass of wine and watch the blooms and anamils in the yard. We have a lot of birds in the yard.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I used to paint and so I would take nice close ups of my favorite plants and flowers and paint pictures of them on canvas. I have not had the time to do it in the last couple of years, but I would like to start again soon. I do not recommend doing this with wine though hahaha :ROFLMAO:

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5B
Country
United States
I enjoy a cup of coffee in the morning while I inspect and enjoy several varieties of container gardening creations and walk among the trees. In the evening I enjoy a glass of wine (Veramonte Cabernet Sauvignon) or at times a beer, while talking with family and friends, sometimes play a game of chess, take a dip in the pool, or listen to music.

I so enjoy being outdoors, even during the heat of the day.

Ask a Question