I'm confused

Reaction score
Before I say anymore I would just like to say this really is only a curiosity question - but having been a member of this forum for quite some time now - I have to ask -

If we are a gardening forum - why is that instead of answering a query themselves - people have started providing links to other gardening forums to supply the answer - which I have to say seems rather odd to me - as surely the whole purpose of a gardening forum is to supply the answers amongst ourselves - especially when there are plenty of members on this forum who I know are very capable of doing that :)

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Before I say anymore I would just like to say this really is only a curiosity question - but having been a member of this forum for quite some time now - I have to ask -

If we are a gardening forum - why is that instead of answering a query themselves - people have started providing links to other gardening forums to supply the answer - which I have to say seems rather odd to me - as surely the whole purpose of a gardening forum is to supply the answers amongst ourselves - especially when there are plenty of members on this forum who I know are very capable of doing that :)

Have they? .......goes to check forum rules.......back in a mo :D

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Can't find em, will have to ask @Ian

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5A
Country
Canada
To me, it's all about activity. We come to converse and share.

Links can be darned annoying.

yes, links to spcific suppliers or fun videos are great.

But no, links solely for self promotion and direction to other forums are crass.

If it's too much work to post a pic or reply then really, why bother?

so many members take the time to upload wonderful points of interest, to not respond in kind is disrespectful and improper.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States

Were you by any chance referring to that lobotomized idiot Dugan who called Zigs a liar and photoshopper and me a small little man?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Being one of the first members of this forum
I have seen a lot of links of Pictures from the web
A little less of things members actually do on there own

Reaction score
No I wasn't actually referring to any one person in particular Chuck - but to those people that responded to questions with not only a link to promote themselves - but more importantly to those - of which there are quite a few - who instead of answering a question themselves provide a link to another gardening forum and often with no added text either - as to me that is not only discourteous to the person who has asked the question but to the forum community too.

Which is why I am confused - as to be honest - although I wouldn't expect there to be any written rules for this - it seems only logical to me - that if you belong to a forum and are part of the community - its surely only natural that you would want to support it :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United Kingdom
Can't find em, will have to ask @Ian
I have to hold my hands up and admit to giving links to information that others have sought.
My only intention has been trying to be helpful to other members, and if any of my posts have broken the rules, I'd apologise and ask that they be deleted.
Ian asked me to join from the RHS website, and that is the only other gardening forum I have used.
I have not frequented their forums since becoming a member on here.

Ask a Question